Chapter 8: Angrer problems

Justin

I went to my room and signed heavily as I pulled off my jeans. I dug out a pair of black pajama pants and tugged them on. Them I threw my self into bed and staring at the ceiling and was almost a sleep when a strangling cry came from down stairs. Without hesitation I flew down the stairs and saw Rainey tossing and turning on the couch. Gentle I touched her should and I had to shake her to get her awake before she gripped my arm. As she sat up I noticed she was still jeans and tank-top. I walked into the laundry room and grabbed one of my shirt and boxers from the dryer then a glass of water. I passed her the water, which shook in her small hands as she drank it.

"Sorry for waking you up." She apologized looking at the ground.

"It's fine." I handed her the clothing' "here, you shouldn't sleep in your jeans" I said gently. She took the clothing, and stood walking to the bathroom, minutes later she came back out of the bathroom with my clothes on. The boxers were big on her so was the shirt, but I was a tall guy. I stared at her without realizing it.

"What?" She asked

"Uh, why don't you take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

Even in the dark I could see her cheeks turn rosy red, "no, it's okay. I don't mind-"

I cut her off "seriously, it's fine. I don't mind sleeping in the couch"

"Your to tall for it" she argued

"Hasn't stopped me before," I lay down on the couch. "My room is the first door on the left." She gave me a look but went up stairs, and I passed out.

I woke up cursing, because my whole body was still from the tiny couch. I got up and took a shower, when I got out of the shower I cursed again when I realized I didn't have any clothing. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked into my room.

"Justin what-" she stopped when she say me in just a towel her cheeks turn red and looked away. I grab my clothes a quickly got out of the room. "Sorry!" I say closing the door. After I got dressed and went out side to get my phone from the car I found Rainey sitting on the counter top sipping on her fresh coffee. I could smell the mint on her skin. She must got a shower, I thought to myself. My phone buzzed. I turn my phone over to see my sisters face on the screen. "What?" I answered

"Jesus Justin! You're such a grouch in the morning!" Isabelle replied. " I just thought you would want to be down here when question this guy. And we need Rainey to identify the bodies.

"Okay, we'll be there in like 30 minutes." I hung up and looked at Rainey who was leaning forward trying hear what was going on. I chuckle at her. "Go get ready."

As we get in the car she continues on rambling about the most poring less question. I role my eyes completely ignoring her. "Rainey breath for Christ sake! I can't even here my self think with you asking me all this question the I don't even know the answers to." I say looking at her then turned the car on, heading to the office. The quite car was insanely awkward, all she would didn't stop making noises from tapping to humming. I glanced over at her a couple time a realize she wasn't breathing. "Rainey! Breath!" She looks at me the at the road and took a breath. She looked as if she didn't realized that she wasn't breathing." As I parked the car I see her gripping the seat belt with ghostly white knuckles. I shake my head getting out the car thinking she would follow but of course she just sat there. I opened her side door and all my irration disappeared when I looked at her. She looked so fragile and scared. "Come on."

We walked into to the office and I see my sister walking into the interrogation room. Erinny, my sisters old partner, waved for us to come over.

"What's up? Can we go in?" I asked immediately as he was in hearing distance.

"Yea sure!" He opens the door for us.

"Can't he see us?" Rainey whispered to me.

"No it's like a mirror on the other side." I whisper back. Erinny tapped in the window and my sister began the interrogation.

"So Mr. Hernandez why don't you start with why you were in the bar on Friday night?" She started

"Me and my girlfriend broke up so, I went out with the boys of some beers. I had just got laid of two days before so I was having a bad week." He says

"Then what happened?" She says trying to pry information out of him.

"This guy walked up to me and asked if I need some money. And naturally I said yes so he told me what I had to do. Got get his daughter back from the house, that she was bidding there after she ran away."

"And who might this man be?" She questioned.

"I ain't no snitch. I told you enough." He spat and my sister I stormed out the room and into the room with them. I snatched him up by his collar as he flipped out."put me down! You can't do this! It's illegal for a cop to hurt me! I'll sue this station for everything it has!" I laugh in his face.

"I'm not a cop. And I don't have anything worth suing for." I Said with a grin.

"Justin that's enough." She yelled at me and I sat him down, "fine, if you don't want to talk well just press charades like a temp to kidnap, kidnapping, attempted murder, carring a gun with out a license or a permit, breaking and entering, tampering with the crime scene, should I go on?" After that I walked out and saw Rainey sitting in one of the waiting chairs.

"Come on let's go get you some clothes, seeing you can't seem to find yours."

"You know you have anger issues. You should see someone about that." She mumbled