It finally starts...

After a hard day of slaying kobolds, we all met up in Sherry's tavern, the place we had started to go frequently to, after we stopped going to Damroww. I went there with Manato, occasionally, and we used, he used to go to gather information. He could do that. I can't. He was the leader. I am now.
Manato was the type of person that was easy to approach, friendly on the outside. Whatever he said was right, and effective.
Me, however, I looked unapproachable on first sight, I was a bit more cautious when talking to strangers. That made me seem untrustworthy and obsequious. Why can't I be like him? I don't want to be the leader, it's too hard for me.
Leading wasn't my forte, neither was fighting, and neither was control of human emotions, other than my own. Then again, I even find it hard to control my own anyway.
"Beer please!" Ranta shouted, I don't think he necessarily liked beer, but was just doing it to beat Mogzo.
"U-um, m-me too, please!" Mogzo added, the server brought them their desired beverages and asked if we wanted anything either.
"Uh, mead, thanks."
"Same here." Mary said. On other nights, after the others had gone back to the lodge, I'd make up some stupid excuse and talk to Mary back at the tavern. She introduced me to this 'mead'. It was a honey-liquor thing that was mixed with a bit of raspberry flavour.
"Y-Yume as well!" Shouted, well, Yume. She had a 'jealous' sort of look on her face, like she wanted to beat Mary at something. Or me.
Shihoru then joined the group, "I'll have w-what they're having."
The server returned with 4 meads, raspberry syrup flavoured, and while she was handing them out, Ranta was quickly downing the beer and Mogzo, he was relaxingly sipping his.
Meanwhile, Yume looked as if she was impressed that she was drinking the mead. She look at me expectantly, so I had to say something,
"I thought you only drank lemonade."
"Yume's trying this out, and it's very good!" She smiled so innocently and happily it could even purify Ranta's mind. Wait, correction: nothing can purify Ranta's mind.
While no one else was looking, Yume inconspicuously leaned over the table and whispered something into my ear. It was so quiet it was almost inaudible, but I managed to get the gist of it. All I heard was "After...They've gone...Stay behind." It also sounded like she was stuttering a bit, like she was embarrassed or something. Also, her face burned a hot red colour. I wonder. Wait, does? No, never. Not possible!
Just thinking that thought makes my face burn. But the possibility still stands, and I'm not thinking of taking any risks by rushing it.