Rivalry?

After mine and Yume's...situation... I think both of us were effervescent. This extreme emotion, however, made me forget about the fact we were in a public place, and that Mary stayed behind in the tavern as well.
"Really!?" I shouted as my breath quickly turned to steam, yes, it was that cold.
"Why would I lie about something like that?" Yume snickered, that just made her cuter.
"Yume?" I asked, "why do you like me of all people?"
"I really don't know. If I did I'd tell you!" She explained, well, love is unexpected.
"So. Ummm, does that mean we're d-dating now?" Yume questioned,
"Eh? W-well I guess so!" I trembled at that. That's the first person I've ever dated! But, have I dated someone before? Before coming here? Whatever happened before, it is all part of the Unknown now. I can only live in the present since I k ow nothing about the past.

While we were walking back I decided to stop for a minute, just so Ranta doesn't think something has happened, because that would definitely be a tragedy. As Yume just disappeared past the building, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Reacting quickly, I swung round, knocking the hand off and backing away. I really couldn't help it, and I'd regret it afterwards.
"Woah!" I realised who the face belonged to as soon as I saw it. And oh god did I mess up. Mary was looking at me with a surprised expression. I couldn't feel more guilty, I don't think I've ever felt more guilty. But Mary's reaction was quite different from what I imagined. She was looking at me with sparkling eyes. What's she thinking? She started to close in, and fast. Her eyes squinted closed and I felt an impact on my mouth. It lasted about 10 seconds until she pulled away, looking satisfied. W...W-WHAT?!?!? She wiped her mouth slowly while staring at me with dreamy eyes. I swear around 10 minutes passed until I snapped back to reality and hurried back to the inn. But seriously... WHAT?! I still don't understand what happened.
---------------------Author Note--------------------
If you don't care about the author, ignore this.

It's Joey-Senpai and I'm just a going to notify you guys/gals with a quick message!
If you enjoy this book/fanfic and want more chapters, please vote! When you vote it shows me you are enjoying the story and want more of it, and it doesn't take a lot to press that star at the bottom of the screen, does it?
Thanks for enjoying so far, and this chapter was quite against the ship, wasn't it?