| ♬Bar 27 |

The euphoria was gone and it had slipped down the cracks of the gravel along with Eren's winning streak.

He shortly blacked out after that horrific event. He couldn't sense what was real and what was make-believe. He felt like he was floating on a cloud above water and ready to drown into it. His breathing was shallow and weak as he lay unconsciously on the bare and blank bed. He wanted to move, wanted to get up and run and track down those bastards who beat him up and ask for a reasonable reason to why they would do such a morbid thing to someone they didn't even know, but he was completely powerless.

It was like experiencing alarming sleep paralysis all over again on restless and coffee powered nights. Being hit by a hard dodge ball and able to get up before digesting what was going on. I can't move, and everything is bright, Eren thought to himself as he tried to wiggle the tips of his toes and his finger tips, but still nothing happened.

It was like having ice as muscles and iron pipes as bones along with cold marble as skin. A statue doomed to a fate that any other statue would have; resting in the same pose for what felt like a thousand years and not being able to say anything. It was like looking up the sky, except Eren knew he wasn't outside. He was looking up at a ceiling, and room was just to bright for comfort. The ridges and crooked lines of the plaster somewhat comforted him in come odd way, letting him know he could still see. His ears were working, too. The sounds of hushed whispers and deadly low voices spilled into his listening ears like water would when he was at the waterslide back when he was a kid.

"Not only his hands, Mr. Ackerman. We took a look at him while he was sleeping. One bruise on the side of his head and torso. They shouldn't be too bad. It must have happened when he was trying to protect himself. Natural human instinct and all," a soft voice was whispering quietly.

"Did you call his house? His sister is going to freak out if she finds out we didn't call her soon enough," a gruff voice said.

It was Levi talking to a nurse and Eren was certain of that. His memory was fuzzy, and all he remembered was that he was beaten up and his hands were probably broken. He couldn't remember what happened after that.

"Can I see him please?" Eren heard Levi's pleading voice. "Even if It's just for five seconds."

There was a long, lingering pause until he got a response to his question.

"Alright, I don't see the harm in it. You have fifteen minutes, okay?"

Eren felt his heart race and pound with excitement. He wanted to see Levi. He wanted to see him so desperately and urgently because he knew he would make him feel better, even if it was just a little. The door swung open abruptly, and it took all his energy to turn his head eagerly as it closed again. The room's walls were pale green, almost minty looking and there was a small, black table by his bed stacked with books and manga. They probably thought he'd get bored being in there, meaning he was going to stay in the hospital for a while. Standing with his arms folded and a frown plastered on his perfect face, was Levi. Eren's heart skipped a beat. The person he needed to see was Levi.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," he said as he approached slowly and sat on the side of the bed. His frown gradually morphed into a crooked grin, but Eren knew the man wasn't happy. That grin was for his sake, to show him that everything would be okay. Eren already knew the answer to that. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm exhausted," he replied. "I can't feel my hands." They were under the blankets and he was too scared to bring them out and see them. He knew they were probably wrapped in bandages, bloody and messy and broken.

Levi's frown returned to his face at the mention of hands.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Eren demanded softly.