Going to back to Cali

I woke up to the sound of chatter coming from the kitchen I rolled over looking at the time on my phone it was 12.. I slept too long. I stretched and pulled the covers over me I was comfortable and I didn't want to get up. My body was sore a little but I was to sleepy to care the softness of the pillows and comforter relaxed me. I heard the door open and close followed by a click. I peeked out of the blanket and it was August. Dressed in a suit with the top of his shirt unbutton.

"good morning" he said sitting next to me on the bed

"good morning, why are you dressed up?" I said smelling his cologne it was so intoxicating.

"I had something to do this morning"

"oh, I'm sorry I didn't know I would have let you sleep

"no your good I was rested enough, momma needed to go back to the doctors to get a few things signed and I had to go to a meeting for her"

My phone started to ring I reached and looked at the screen it was Aubrey calling me I picked up answering while my head was buried under the blankets.

"hello" I said into the phone

"somebody is still in bed" I could hear in his voice he was smiling

"yes I'm sleeping in since I don't get to do much of that with you" I said playfully

"I was just calling to let you know I made it home and heading out for a few days to Dubai, so when you come back home I wont be here for the first few days"

"ok, email me you schedule"

"nah don't worry about it its cool"

"just do it Aubrey,"

"alright, what you wearing?"

"I will not do this with you right now, I will call you later"

"aight be good"

I got off the phone with him putting my phone back on the dresser I set up looking at August. He wasn't saying much just looking into space thinking.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing really" he said laying between my legs resting his head on my stomach. I placed my hands on top of his head and started caressing his the top of his hair.

"when are you going to go back to California?" he said

" in a week maybe I 'am not sure I wanna make sure momma is okay ya know and Aubrey wont be home he will be in Dubai I don't know for how long either"

"mmm, I'm probably going to go back to Nola in a few Days, I would love to take you out before I leave if you don't mind" he said in a soft low voice

"yeah I don't see why not"

"Meg I don't like yo boyfriend" he said bluntly which I was confused to why he didn't like him he didn't really even know him not to. And secondly he wasn't my boyfriend I just brushed it off a little August was very over protective of me and jealous of anyone of the opposite sex that saw any interest in me.

"that make two of us" I said moving from off the bed.

"what does that mean?" he said sitting up watching my movements

" I don't like you girlfriend/baby's mother but did that, ya know what I don't want to do this with you"

"I'm sorry Meg its just something about him but you right lets just stop i'm sorry for even mentioning it" he said walking towards me pulling me to him hugging me.