Chapter 17

"He's your brother?"

"Eric? Really?"

"I can't believe you managed to beat up Peter. You're not skilful."

I hit Uriah over the head as this is a serious matter; I just told Marlene and Lynn about Marcus, Tobias and Eric and then explained to all of them the events of last night and typically Uriah likes to make a joke out of it.

"That's why I didn't like you flirting with him Marlene," I say to her answering her point first, "Four's my brother so I just found it rather uncomfortable."

"I just thought you had a secret crush on him," she replies, "As why else would you stop me making my move?"

"One ew no and two, your 'move' wasn't successful anyway so I was saving you from embarrassment. However, quite a lot of people do think I like him."

"She's referring to Eric," Uriah adds in.

"I'm not," I snap back.

"Sure," he replies.

"I can't believe Eric likes you," Marlene says.

"He might not like me," I point out, "He only is sometimes nice to me."

"He's nice to no one though," Uriah says almost scornfully, "It's clear he likes you."

"It doesn't matter either way as Roza is way out of his league," Lynn says causing us all to laugh, "But do you think Tris is okay? As she hasn't turned up to breakfast yet."

"My brother would have taken care of her and Peter and Drew couldn't do anything else as they were in the medical ward all night."

"What about the third person?" Marlene asks, "Because you said one of them ran away so they could have done something."

"It was probably Molly and she wouldn't do anything by herself." I reply, "Anyway Tris didn't come back to the rooms last night so nothing could have happened."

"So she was in Four's room all night?" Lynn enquires.

I am saved from the awkward question by the arrival of Tris. She arrives by herself, hugging to the wall and keeping her head down. She looks bruised and weak, but I think that's the idea that she's going for as then Will and Christina will be happy to be friends and be there to support her and it will show Peter that he had an effect so he wouldn't do it again. I have a feeling that it was Tobias's idea as I was telling him about how Will and Christina were treating Tris and he said the only solution is for her to act how they want her to.

As she sits down with Will and Christina, Uriah and I slide into the seats around her to see if she is okay.

"What happened?" Will asks.

Tris pauses and looks around nervously, "Peter, Drew... And.... And Al."

"Oh God," Christina says and I'm as shocked as her. Al! Al? I wouldn't have expected it from him, but I guess he is scared; scared that he's going to become factionless.

"Are you alright?" Uriah asks.

"Not really," Tris says slowly and I can tell by the way she is speaking that she's in deep pain.

"But you're just..." Uriah says, before rephrasing, "It isn't fair. Three against one?"

"And Peter's so fair," Christina retorts, "That's why he stabbed Edward in the eye. Because he wanted to get to first place fairly."

"Are you sure about Al," I ask Tris interrupting Christina, because I know why he would have done it, but it just doesn't seem like him.

"Yeah," she replies, "I'm sure."