Chapter One: New Friends

Clarke Griffin was born with heterochromia. This is a symptomless condition in which your eyes are two different colors as opposed to only one. In Clarke's case, her left eye is deep blue and her right one is a light green. It was her most favorited physical attributes. It was one of the few things about her that she considered interesting.

Clarke did not consider herself imaginative or a dreamy person. More of a reason person. Tales of things such as soulmates were farfetched and stupid to her. Like the universe gives a shit what happens to you, like it's all a big plan and you're 'destined' to be with someone. Also horoscopes, as if the stars are aligning just for you and automatically knows all your deepest thoughts and feeling. Corporate bullshit.

Clarke tends to focus on real world things, instead of playing into these stupid little tricks people buy into, she focuses on her education, her friends, and her boyfriend.

Clarke was walking to the lunchroom after math class like always. She saw Raven and Finn already waiting for her and waved to her. Clarke hurried over and sat in the seat directly next to Finn and he kissed her on the cheek.

"Hello babe," he said cheerily, "How was that math test last period?"

"Pretty shitty honestly. I think I could've done better, but hey, too late now." Clarke responded.

"Where's Octavia?" Raven asked since she is in Clarke's math class and the two walked down together everyday.

"She's still finishing the test." Raven nodded. "She's a long test taker." Octavia was a new student who came to the school just last week. Her and Raven clicked immediately and Clarke loved seeing Raven have another friend than herself since she was kind of a third wheel with Finn and all. Plus Clarke liked Octavia. She was so funny and smart. Also surprisingly strong and proved it by beating Finn in arm wrestling (but Finn's not that strong in the first place.)

Clarke saw Raven's eyes light up from across the table and looked behind her to see what she was looking at. There was Octavia, speed walking towards them with an armful of books and her bag hanging off her forearm. Raven smiled and motioned her to come over. When Octavia finally reached the table, she dropped her stuff on it and sighed.

"Sorry I'm late guys I had to finish a math test." she explained.

"We know. Clarke told us." Raven pointed to Clarke. Octavia sat next to Raven.

"I had to make sure I didn't make any stupid mistakes."

"Oh so you're an overachiever?" Raven teased.

"When I feel like it." Octavia responded  to Raven's little tease. Clarke was so glad Raven and Octavia already skipped the awkward part of becoming friends and went straight to making fun of each other. That's a sign that they're meant to be friends. Clarke smiled at the two's exchange. "Oh by the way tonight I'm going to a movie with my-" Octavia was cut off when a boy came up and jabbed her in the sides and startled her. Her initial shock wore off quickly and was replaced by anger, "What the hell, Bellamy?!" Her brother, Bellamy, laughed. Octavia hit him in the arm.

"Ok ok chill out little sis." He petted her head and Octavia's frown started to fade. "I was just messing with you. Sorry for scaring you that bad. By the way how did that math test of yours go?"

"I probably did horrible on it." Octavia responded dryly.

"Oh Ocatavia, always doubting yourself. I bet you did good like you always do." Bellamy said comfortingly and sat on the other side of Octavia.