Chapter 1

"So tell me again why I'm blindfolded?"Alec sighed, probably for the millionth time since they got back from Hawaii.

"Because, your reaction shall be the most amusing. But I can't see you while driving now can I? The building isn't exactly tiny." Magnus replied with a mischievous grin.

"Tall building? Sounds boring."

Magnus let out a laugh, "Only twenty-four and you're already acting middle aged! And no, this building is quite the opposite. I can see it from here, very colourful."

"Sounds like a children's hospital."

"Oh shush Mr Grumpy! Or we'll skip it and go straight to a destination a whole hour away."

Alec huffed and sunk lower into the already low seat, signalling his surrender. Magnus smiled a little, at him, so innocent looking and sweet. You couldn't not love him. Except for right now, he looked like an over sized five year old who lost an argument and just finished a temper tantrum.

The rest of the journey-about five minutes- was in a peaceful silence. They parked in the car park and Magnus got out. "Okay, I'm not taking it off until we stand in front of the sign."

"Magnus! Seriously, just tell me already!" Alec half shouted, climbing out blindly and stumbling into Magnus' open arms.

"You'll see in literally thirty seconds!" He gave him a light squeeze and guided him in front of the building, "Okay." He unwrapped it slowly and Alec had to blink at the sudden light. He hadn't seen the light of day in over an hour.

He looked up, his jaw dropping to the ground in silent awe. 'Mrs Hulman's Adoption Agency for Abandoned Warlock children.' "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Alec absolutely screeched at the top of his lungs, "OH MY RAZIEL!!!"

Magnus was laughing, having to put his hand over his mouth. "Ssh Alec! Ssh!" He couldn't stop laughing, "come on we can't go in if you're so hyper!"

"I could've calmed down in the car but noooo I was blindfolded! I cannot be calm!" He squirmed around, trying to free himself from Magnus' -comforting- iron grip.

He stroked his cheek softly, slowly calming him. It worked, but it took at least five minutes. "Okay, I'm calm. I'm calm." Alec sagged against Magnus' chest.

"So I'm going to carry you in?" Magnus chuckled, letting go.

Alec rolled his eyes, "Come on let's go! What floor?"

"All of them. Depends who you're looking for."

"WHAAAT!? How will we choose!?"

"Well who do you have in mind? I really want a baby Alec, I really do." He kissed the top of his head, knowing Alec wasn't too keen on the topic.

Alec hesitated, he wanted to make Magnus happy but a baby? Crying and feeding and nappies.... "I don't know, Magnus. I mean-" he bit his lip, "I know you do, but I... I don't think I'd be able to look after a baby. What about... What about a little older?"

"Alright, I see what I can do." He smiled both happily and sadly, "so... Who do you want?"

"A daughter. Definitely. Like, 6 years old. Or 8 or something..."

"Then be free my little Alec." Magnus let go of Alec and almost immediately he sprinted into the building, looking for which floor is the girls of 5-8.

Magnus followed more slowly, he was a bit sad about the baby, but he could still look anyway. Wasn't as if Alec was the man in their relationship. He saw the drawings, he had the visions, that gave him a little extra hope. The building was cold, a little too cold. Perhaps the air conditioner was broken? He knew the building pretty well, girls were on the first six floors, boys the six on top of that, then above is just storage and offices. Nothing of interest to Magnus that was.

He walked over to the elevator and pressed for the 7th floor, somewhere on the 2nd floor, so straight upstairs, was Alec looking around way too cheerfully. In his opinion anyway, what father wouldn't love to go to an adoption agency on their birthday? And get a new car, then even more surprises to come later.

The ping of the doors opening snapped him back to reality. It was much warmer upstairs and thankfully there was no elevator music, none that he heard anyway.

He stepped out and looked round, it was quieter than he expected. A short woman with wavy brown hair that reaches her shoulders was bent over someone. He walked up to her when he noticed her sixth finger on her left hand. She looked up and gave a toothy smile, "Oh hello. You must be Magnus?"

Magnus grinned, "Yeah that's me. Alec is downstairs somewhere, most likely the second floor."

"He wants older children than you doesn't he?"

"Sadly yes," he sighed, "how'd you guess?"

"You know us witches ands warlocks. I'm 675, I've worked here for 300. I know every couple. Especially when one is a new type of warlock? What's his mark?"

"Green cat eyes, what do you mean new type? Sure he still has his runes and they still work on him. But he's more powerful than you and I combined."

"Everyone knows you call him a 'shadowwarlock'. Not bad, so everyone calls him that now." Magnus raised an eyebrow, this woman knew way too much about them.

"Are we followed or something? I swear we must be. It's only been about three weeks! A month at max."

"No no. Warlocks have just been reading your mind since his in inaccessible." She took the boy she was holding and put him down in a cot behind her.

"It better be." That made the woman laugh.

"Anyway, I hope I meet him at some point. You're probably desperate to look around!" She grinned Magnus nodded, "most children are asleep in the rooms according to their ages. But some are awake as you can see," she gestured at the probably eldest of the bunch, "come find me if you need anything!"

"Thank you." Magnus smiled and began to wander towards the younger ones.

He found one with the door slightly ajar, he took a peek inside and he felt his heart explode. The cuteness of about fifteen two year olds all fast asleep was way too much for him.

Taking a step inside, he took a look at them all, a couple actually awake, just extremely quiet.

He saw two in particular that he couldn't resist who were next to each other. "Zac and Finn." Magnus whispered to himself, "Zac, short for Zechariah. Finn, more known as Finny."

Finn had short and curly blonde hair, he was quite large for someone of his age, saying his mark was a grey-silver tail which was only a couple centimetres that would grow with age.

Zac on the other hand, was quite the opposite. His hair was almost as black as Alec's, straight but wavy at the end. He was only two, so there wasn't that much hair anyway; and he looked quite underweight. His pyjamas were quite saggy round his wrists and ankles, then the mark made Magnus gasp a little, "Mark: dark blue cat eyes! So dark you can't see his pupils from a distance." Just then his phone started vibrating in his pocket, he quickly tip toed out the room and looked at the caller ID. Alec. "yeeeees?"

Alec laughed down the reciever, "Hey. I found our perfect daughter. She really wants to meet you and give you a massive hug."

Magnus giggled a bit, "Okay what floor? And I think I found our son, but you may not like him. Anyway, I'm coming down."

"Uh-okay. You're on floor six aren't you?" Magnus didn't respond, "okay then. Did the witch or warlock talk to you about us? Some of the girls are treating me like some celebrity... It's a bit creepy, I think one fainted."

"Yeah but it's a long story you really don't want to bother knowing." "Oh yeah? Try me." "Later, sweet pea." He quickly told the woman he would be back and pressed the hang up button on his phone.

He stood in the elevator and waited, for the terrible music that never seemed to come.