Actual Epilogue

(I felt really bad okay!?)

-A couple weeks later-

Alec sent the arrow flying, hitting a direct bullseye as usual. He sent another, hitting the next bullseye on the further target. And the final one, missing slightly and nailing itself in the outer yellow ring. "Dammit!" Alec exclaimed, throwing his bow on the ground and crossing his arms in a grumpy, childish manner.

"Ha! I wiiiiiiin!" Jace smirked, folding his arms triumphantly. "You know what that meeeeeans."

"But Jace-"

"No."

"But-"

"No!" Alec sighed. "Now tell me all you know about Izzy's secret plan for my birthday!"

"No. Then it just ruins the entire point of it being secret doesn't it?" Jace's smirk widened. "Raziel, you're persistent aren't you?"

Jace started pouting, trying to see if it would woo Alec. But it didn't work. Alec rolled his eyes at his brother's attempt, though giving him credit for remembering he used to love it when Jace did that. Alec's crush on Jace had ended during the time Magnus was in a coma the previous year. When Jace and Izzy came to visit, he had looked at his brother and the first thing he said was, "why on earth did I have a crush on you?" But Jace simply replied, "bitch, I'm fabulous."

He was glad, he was with the true man of his dreams and could no longer be forced into being his younger brother's slave or forced into telling secrets.

"Alec?" Magnus called from the back door of the kitchen, his face rather pale.

Alec looked over his shoulder, his face falling slightly, "are you okay?"

"Apart from looking pale as a sheet, perfect." A small grin grew on both their faces, "just saying Clary won't stop ringing for Jace to come home already and Staria needs your help on some homework."

Jace sighed. "Why can't you help her?" Alec asked, "if anything, you know more than me."

"It's about shadowhunters, genius." Magnus rolled his eyes and stepped out the way for Jace who waved goodbye before leaving. "And they have to find a shadowhunter and just ask them about general life... Sure is nice our races getting along."

"It's even more perfect when you're in between." Alec grinned and walked over to Magnus, kissing him gently on the lips. "But we both know I'll always be a shadowhunter at heart."

"I'm going to hold you to that and ask you again in a hundred years." Alec chuckled and kissed him again, slightly deeper. "I love you."

"Love you too." Alec smiled and walked past, stroking Magnus' cheek as he went.

Even though the two of them had gotten over their argument, Alec simply couldn't tell Magnus he was worried. Course he was worried, he was always worried and he'd never stop. Whether his health was perfect, or in his current state. The thought of it becoming terminal constantly rung in the back of his head... But it wouldn't happen. It couldn't. Not now. Life had just begun for the two of them, a new beginning had risen and Alec refused to let Magnus leave in the prologue of his life story. He would prefer the epilogue, just before Alec left himself, so Magnus did not have to endure the sorrow and grief of death except his own.

~*~

It was Friday night and Lupin had come over to babysit the children while Magnus and Alec went out for the evening. It was simple really, they'd had dinner so all Lupin needed to do was survive the long torturous hours of watching 'Cars the movie' while Zac quoted it and copied some parts of the script. Staria was no different, she'd heard the film enough already to memorise some parts.

Magnus had decided that he needed a break, no work for one night, no children for one night, just him and Alec so they could go for a walk perhaps, or simply head down to the river and sit along the edge, talking. They were in need of talking things over. Recently, demon raids had kept Alec away and busy even though he was meant to be off duty; leaving Magnus to work in his study all the meanwhile keeping an eye on Zac and trying not to groan or whine in pain all day.

"We'll be back late, perhaps around 11." Alec called to Lupin, pulling on his jacket.

"You call that late? Go have sex somewhere or... I don't know, mess with some mundanes. Set a drain on fire or make their coat float... Hey, that rhymed!" Lupin laughed at himself.

"How about.... No?" Alec rolled his eyes and leaned against the front door, waiting for Magnus who was sitting in the kitchen to do his shoes. "Come on, Magnus!"

"Coming!" Magnus came out, the clicking of his crutches echoing off the wooden floor. "It's not easy, y'know?"

Alec sighed and opened the door, "that's why we're going to talk all this through. Yeah?" Magnus nodded. "Let's go.. I know a good place."

"Bye!" Lupin called, though neither Staria nor Zac said anything too engrossed in their own activities to notice they had gone.

Outside was warm but a cool breeze put a certain chill in the air. The roads almost silent, only the occasional car passing by. No one else seemed to be on the streets, probably too busy at the nightclubs or getting wasted at a party. The few people that were out all seemed to look at the two of them with pity. Gay couple, one of which on crutches? Harsh.

Magnus was slow, pale, and breathing heavily. His condition was clearly worsening so Alec simply but one arm under his and one under the knees; and simply scooped him up like a baby, cradling him in his arms like Magnus had done to him on their wedding night. Alec only hoped he would do this under different circumstances. Though Magnus seemed happy nonetheless, tucking his head under Alec's chin, breathing softly against his neck.

When they arrived they both sat down on a nearby bench that looked over the river. There wasn't really any countryside considering they lived a while walk away from the city outskirts. Though the buildings that were in front would make do; if they did live near closer the edge or Magnus could walk properly then they might've gone and made the full trek.

No one else seemed to be around, it was just the two of them. The sun was below most of the buildings, a few rays managing to squeeze through and reflect off the water, making a spectrum of colour land on glass building opposite. It gave the both of them a sense of peace and tranquility, where they could say anything and they wouldn't get mad.

But now, they just wanted to live life to the fullest. Just in case. Just in case things went downhill any further, they had to make it last. The silence was fulfilling that, alone together where no one would interrupt. No one could ruin their evening.

Magnus looked up at Alec when the sun had set, the moonlight making his eyes sparkle, white dots lost in a deep blue. "Hey, Alec?"

Alec looked down and smiled, "yeah?"

Magnus only smiled back widely, "I love you. Please don't forget that. For me?" His eyes began to fill with tears, he was thinking the worst.

"I won't be able to forget.." Magnus frowned, "because you'll be with me forever to tell me each and every day. But you know what?" Magnus didn't say anything, just hid his face in Alec's neck, overwhelmed with happiness. "I love you too."

He kissed his forehead and held him close, letting Magnus cry against his neck; feeling the tears. Alec's own eyes growing watery, looking at the river, just watching the water flow. Until the time came to go back home for the night, Magnus asleep in Alec's arms, head tucked under his chin, hands holding a loose grip on his t-shirt. Alec couldn't help but smile. He wasn't usually the positive one, but for now.. He would. Waiting for the day when this would be a distant memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't think I'll make this a regular thing!! It just popped into my head and knew it didn't make enough sense to be a one shot so... Here!

Wedding will be up soon! ~Fiz