4. ♕

Riley and Maya were walking the down the street to a little coffee house near campus. The first week of school had finally ended and it was now Saturday.

"Matthews we need to go shopping. There's a party tonight at Zay and Dave's dorm."

"I'm not really into parties anymore. I'm not the type."

"No such thing. Get alcohol in anyone's system and they live for partying."

"At my old school I had a few bad experiences with partying." Riley hated to think back to that time. Her ex boyfriend, Charlie, had been all about that life. Almost every weekend she had a hangover. Then at one fatal party she found Charlie kissing one of her closet friends.

"Well now you have Me, Farkle, and Lucas." Maya gave her a pouting look.

"Alright. Just don't let me get too wasted my older brother Josh is visiting the academy tomorrow."

"Does this brother of yours, Josh, happen to be hot?" Maya asked with a smirk.

"Ew don't ask me questions like that. He's my brother!" Maya laughed and Riley nudged her as they made it to the coffee house.

⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊

"What do you think of Isadora Smakle?" Farkle asked Lucas. They were hanging out at the oak court playing basketball.

"She seems nice. Really smart too."

"I really want to talk to her tonight at Zay's party, but I always get so nervous. It's those eyes of hers I swear they could kill a man."

"Well it's obvious you like her, so go after her."

"That's a lot easier said than done Friar. Anyway what're you up to today?"

"I'm meeting up with Riley so we can work on our project for English." Lucas had a slight smile after saying Riley's name and Farkle raised an eyebrow.

"Hey don't give me that look! Let's just play some ball." Lucas said while throwing the ball to Farkle.

He's to stubborn for his own good, Farkle thought as he dribbled the ball down the court.

⚊⚊⚊⚊⚊

"Riles this is boring. It's killing my brain! It's become a health issue, so we shouldn't continue with all this work." Lucas and Riley were in Lucas's room working on their project. Farkle wasn't at the dorm so it was just them.

It had been 10 minutes. Lucas had managed to make it through 10 minutes without complaining but it just became to much.

"Lucas we've been working for 10 minutes. 10."

"10 too many of you ask me. Let's take a little break. Tell me something about you." Lucas noticed Riley looked surprised by his suggestion.

"Like what?"

"Anything."

"Okay...um...I guess I'll tell you about why I transferred schools. There's two reasons; first my parents couldn't stand I wasn't going to the best school in the area so they made it their main goal to get me to the top. And second I wanted to get away from my ex boyfriend."

Lucas felt some sort of relief go over him at the word ex.

"What happened with the ex?" He couldn't help but feel curious.

"He cheated on me with one of my friends. So yeah. Anyway enough about me. Tell me something about you."

"I don't have much to tell." Lucas actually did have a lot to tell. But he keeps all that buried down and protects himself with walls around his heart.

"Come on! I told you something. It's only fair. You can tell me anything." Her eyes were filled with sincerity. Her voice so soft and warm. As Lucas looked at her and he felt as though he could tell her anything and that he could open up about his overbearing and cold parents or about how unloved he often felt. But he quickly shoved that feeling away.

"I really enjoy eating pizza and watching superhero movies." He answered causally.

When Riley looked into his deep green eyes she knew there was more to him then some basketball player with bad grades. She knew there was a broken young boy somewhere inside of him. She wanted to uncover the mystery of Lucas Friar. Riley wanted to ask him about it but decided it was to early in their friendship to ask those kind of questions.

"I like superhero movies too. What's your favorite?"

"Any of the batman movies or captain America."

"I love captain America! He's definitely the best avenger."

"I've got the movie here somewhere. We could watch it." Lucas remembered last week watching a movie with her and how good that felt.

"Did you forget we're working on a project?"

"Riles you know you want to." He smirked at her.

She really did want to. And that damn smirk.

She sighed finally giving in  "Okay."

They sat on the floor and watched captain America. Riley's eyes focused on the screen intently. Lucas thought it was adorable how invested and concentrated she was.

Lucas looked to Riley's long brown hair and thought, Riley Matthews is going to be the death of me.

I'm so sorry it took my forever to update! The next chapter will have the party. Comment and vote!