"You're stunning"

Nicole's wedding dress^^^^^^
----------------------------------------------
"Morning Sweetheart." I look at the bed to find it empty. "Here." Vincent says again as I see him standing by his closet with a towel wrapped around his waist loosely. My eyes wander to his muscular torso because he's not wearing a shirt.
"Like what you see, sweetheart?"
I blush and look away as he continues "I like what I see."
I roll my eyes but I'm smiling "What are the plans for today?"
Vincent raises an eyebrow but answers my question "I thought we would pick out a wedding dress for you."
I groan, shopping isn't my favorite thing to do.
"Only if I get to drive."
"Like I would let you drive my car." he says mockingly.
"If you want me to come with you."
He sighs but throws the car keys to me.
Who's the winner, if not me?

We're in the car about forty minutes later. I'm driving and Vincent is sitting in the passenger seat.
"You know what? I think you're a softy." I say, I can feel Vincent's eyes on me.
"Excuse me?"
"You're not the big bad boy you're trying so hard to be."
I focus at the road so I don't have to meet his eyes. They're still watching me "Could you please stop staring?"
"Why? Does it affect you?"
Yes. It does. "No." I mutter still focused at the road. He smirks but looks away and I sigh in relief, quiet.
"We're here." Vincent says and I stop the car outside a fancy store.
"Mr.Giovanni, it's a pleasure to have you here. The dress is in the changing room."
"Don't tell me, tell her." he says and points at me. The woman smiles nervously and goes to greet me.
"Hello Miss, I'm Wendy. Follow me so you can try the dress on."
I nod but I'm disappointed. It's my wedding dress and I don't even get to decide for myself which one I want.
Stupid Vincent. Wendy shows me the dress and unfortunately I have to take back the "Stupid Vincent." because the dress is stunning. What is it with him and clothes? He has a really good sense for fashion.
I walk out to show Vincent and his eyes widen "You're stunning."
I blush and Vincent nods in a we-will-take-it-way to Wendy who smiles big.
We're just about to get in the car when I see a sign that says "Bookshop."
"Vincent, I really need a book. I'll be back in a minute."
He looks suspicious and I sigh "I won't run away. I promise this time."
He nods and his phone starts to ring.
"Tomorrow?..It's to soon...I know but..Fine but she won't be happy." and with that he ends the conversation.
I look questioning at him "The wedding will happen tomorrow."
"What?"
"Nicole, there's nothing I can do about it."
"Yes, you can. You're damn right I'm not happy with this. Who decided?" I ask disapprovingly
"Your father."
Of course, why must he always destroy everything? I was finally feeling okay about the marriage but I needed time. Time to figure out Vincent.
I pull a hand through my hair before I head to the bookshop. "Back in a minute." I mutter to Vincent who's busy making phone calls.
There's no one in the bookshop except for me and the owner. I study the titles to find something I think I will like and something I haven't red.
"We meet again." I turn around to face the voice. "Mr.Francesca"
"Someone woke up at the wrong side today."
"What do you want?"
"You." I laugh cold, the smile never reaching my eyes.
I take a book and try to go to the desk but he's blocking my way. "Please, would you be so nice and move your ass?"
"Actually no."
I groan "I really don't have time for this. Move now." The door to the bookshop opens and Vincent steps in.
"Nicole?"
"Yes, I'm here. Just about to pay for my book but the idiot won't move."
Vincent's jaw and fist clench as he sees Stephano and Stephano's eyes turns colder.
"Stephano, get away from her. Now"
He moves and I slip through him to pay for my book.
"Vincent, you should really loosen up a bit."
"Not with you around."
"I'm done. Let's go." I say as I watch the men stare at each other.
Vincent opens the door for me, his eyes never leaving Stephano.
"We'll meet again soon, darling."
I jump into the car and Vincent drive away.
"Who is he?"
"Stephano Francesca." his jaw is still clenched.
"I know but do you hate him?"
"He's an idiot as you said."
"I have the right to know."
"He's the third mafia in Italy and we we're friends but he became greedy and now he wants you for some reason."
I don't ask anything more and Vincent looks at me "I won't let it happen. You're safe with me."
We don't say anything more during the ride.
----------------------------------------------
I'm kind of busy with school but I'll try to update as often as I can.
Love to all of you who are still reading.
Xoxo,
Mary