𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑻𝑾𝑶

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PART TWO ⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PART TWO ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

THE CLONE WARS!

WHEN ARTIE PRESENTS HER LIGHTSABER TO THE COUNCIL, THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES MAKE HER FEAR SHE'D DONE IT WRONG.

          Quickly, she goes over its construction in her head. It's not crudely fashioned at all—in fact, Artie thinks it's rather nice-looking, the metal smooth and cool and unique from what she's seen. She's positive she fused the hilt right, and the kyber crystal is definitely balanced . . . perhaps the stabilizers are weak? But the plasma extends just fine. The only thing that is obviously different is the blade's distinct lack of color. Rather than green, blue, or even purple, it glows white, like a sword carved from bone. Artie glances uneasily at Obi-Wan and his face only seems to say Of course this would happen. Clearly, they don't see many white sabers, and Artie feels a sweat break out on her palms as she wonders why.

        "White," is all Mace Windu says from his seat, his back stiff and face unmoving. Artie stands in the center of the Council's ring of chairs, subconsciously leaning toward Obi-Wan, who shockingly seems the least scandalized in the room. Her heart is hammering now. It's not like she chose her color. Really, she'd been hoping for green, but she isn't sure if that's worth mentioning.

         "Interesting, this is," muses Master Yoda, a small hand going to his chin (or what would have been his chin, he doesn't really have one).

         "Why is it like that?" Artie asks, probably sounding childish (they always tell her she sounds childish) but in the moment she doesn't care. She wants to know why her lightsaber is different from literally every other lightsaber she's ever seen. She's beginning to empathize with Obi-Wan; between her and Anakin's seemingly routine insubordinations, things are bound to start reflecting badly on him. Of course this would happen.

          "A white blade is typically a sign of a . . . split perspective," Windu continues in a tone so affronted he might as well be saying "I don't like you."

          "What perspective?" Artie asks. Her heart is beating too fast and she wants to sheath her saber and leave that room forever.

           "It has to do with the Force," Obi-Wan says calmly, a knowing look silencing the "Doesn't everything?" Artie has ready on her lips. "A white blade is extremely rare, Artemis. But it nods to a sort of . . . noncommittal attitude . . . towards either side."