Bloopers | I. Chapter 2 - Café Scene

Dedicated to DemonHuntingDemigod for most comments on Chapter 2 of HoS.

----

Aubree stared at the food the barista placed before her. She could still feel the man's gaze on her as he stood at the counter, making her gulp.

"There you go," Dan said, picking up a fork and knife and plunging them into a heavenly smelling cinnamon roll. "Dig in."

She couldn't though. Not while the stranger stared at her.

Not wanting to worry Dan, she picked up a chocolate croissant and bit into the warm flaky roll. Upon melting in her mouth, she immediately forgot about the staring stranger. "Mmmm."

"Good, huh?"

"It was worth it."

He raised an eyebrow at her as she continued to moan. Glancing around, he shifted in his seat before leaning forward and whispering, "Do ya have to sound like you're having an orgasm?"

"Foodgasm," she corrected, licking the chocolate from her fingers. "It's not the same."

A muffled chuckle caught her attention and her eyes flicked to the man still standing at the counter. His blue eyes danced momentarily before his face drew serious again.

Crap, did he hear that too?

Ignoring the heat flaring up again in her cheeks, she turned back to her food and began to eat more quietly, stifling the desire to express her fondness for the delightful flavors mingling with her tastebuds.

Movement in her peripheral vision caught her attention and she looked over to see the man walking toward her and Dan. His eyes were locked intently on her and she nearly choked on the croissant when he paused in front of their table and said,

"I am Thor of Asgard."

TAKE 2

He paused in front of their table and looked at Dan.

"Move. You're in my seat."

TAKE 3

He walked toward them, grabbed a free chair, and set it down at their table.

"Hi," he said as he sat down, leaning his arms over the back of the chair, his eyes never leaving Aubree's.

Aubree just stared back at him, unable to break free of his hypnotic gaze.

Dan coughed, choking on his cinnamon roll. "Excuse me?"

The man ignored him.

"Would you like to see my hammer?"

TAKE 4

He walked toward them, grabbed a free chair, and set it down at their table.

"I saw you in a dream," he said as he sat down, leaning his arms over the back of the chair, his eyes never leaving Aubree's.

Aubree just stared back at him, unable to break free of his hypnotic gaze.

Dan coughed, choking on his cinnamon roll. "Excuse me?"

The man ignored him.

"You were taken from me and now you're back. You must come with me."

Flabbergasted, Aubree just stared at him. "Huh?"

"Hey man," Dan said, rising to his feet, his eyes narrowing down at the man. "She's with me."

Those blue eyes broke their hold on Aubree, making her blink, as they darted to look at Dan.

The man rose to his feet. He towered half a foot over Dan's head.

"You are not worthy," he said.

TAKE 5

He walked toward them, grabbed a free chair, and set it down at their table.

"I read about you in a book," he said as he sat down, leaning his arms over the back of the chair, his eyes never leaving Aubree's.

Dan coughed, choking on his cinnamon roll. "Excuse me?"

Aubree just stared back at him, unable to break free of his hypnotic gaze. "Huh? What book?"

"This one," he said, holding up a book with his face on the cover her next to hers, entitled, Heart of Stone.

"Hey, man, what's your deal?" Dan demanded.

Ignoring him, the man touched her shoulder. "Come with me, mate, and I'll save you the heartache of breaking his."

TAKE 6

Aubree looked up as the man walked toward them, swooped down, and lifted her up from her chair bridal-style before flinging her over his shoulder.

"I'll take you to go," he said before he carried her out of the café.

---- AUTHOR'S NOTE ----

I know, Take 6 was kinda lame, but I figured you guys would have wanted him to carry her off and have her for dessert...... Teehee!

Which take was your favourite?