Chapter Fifteen

Andrew's flash back:

Andrew rose from his hidden position hearing the bombs and sounds of gun fire go off. His heart was pounding within his ears and he saw the cement shatter as another bomb went off. People were screaming and throwing themselves at the Pure One Soldiers. Guns went off rapidly with no seeming end.

 Andrew ducked again as rubble flew against the helmet he wore. The red glass scratched as the small harmless seeming rocks bit at him. It was as if nature was allowing him to be harmed by what was man made. 

Andrew breathed shaking his head from his position. He could hear the cries of his fellow soldiers as they were beaten. But also the cries of the citizens as they were being beaten in return. 

The sound of fire roared and Andrew looked up seeing a missile with it's bright red trail of heat crumbs collide with one of the helicopters. Andrew shut his eyes covering his head as he saw it come down towards him. 

Yet the helicopter crashed down away from him. Andrew shook shivering. He turned his head back laying eyes on where it had come from. 

Three.... kids....

They were kids....

Just kids....

Andrew stared as they each held the guns which he and his fellow brothers had been issued. They were using them. Using them as if they had known how to use them all along. Andrew looked at their rags and attire. The filthy hands and dirt under their nails. Their hair dirty and unclean. 

He felt his teeth clench and he hit the ground with his fist. Why? Why was this happening?! Why were the damn filth winning?! Andrew snagged his gun enraged and turned raising it. But he flinched. 

They...

They were....gone. 

End of flashback.  

Andrew winched as he realized he had been thinking about the past event of yesterday. It was early that morning and he was sitting in the back of the truck which was parked as his fellow soldiers were filing out other regulations. Such as getting rid of the common filth that walked around here. The illegals of course. That's what they were called. Illegals who remain within the bounds of the New World Order without proper citizenship. The one's who steal goods and take advantage of everyone. 

Andrew had the tablet on his arm band and was scrolling through the orders. The orders of which illegals were a threat to his mother. They were slowly filing out one by one. Gaining red blinking digital stamps stating boldly- ELIMINATED.

Andrew kept scrolling down. Down and down. So many people were still a threat to his mother? She had done nothing to them! They were the ones who were wrong!

Andrew stopped seeing the image of a man come. It wasn't covered.

 Andrew waited for several long minutes staring. Nothing came. Nothing at all. Andrew narrowed his eyes as a small loading sign came. The red dot traveled in a circle. Rotating over and over again. Andrew huffed rolling his eyes as the word was about to pop up. 

As he pressed his finger down to scroll Andrew stopped seeing that instead the image gained a red blinking frame around it. Then the words flashed... MISSING.

Andrew froze. He narrowed his eyes at the man's picture. Then his screen changed and the image shrunk as four more images showed. All with the same signal--MISSING.

Andrew stared. His gut churned. Those were the ones that stared this whole mess! It could have been a whole lot easier without such a chaotic event. Those...they were the ones his mother was afraid of. The ones that threatened her! They had no right to do so!

Andrew clenched his jaw. He wasn't going to let them get away! He wasn't! Andrew grabbed the keys which lay beside him and he hopped down getting into the drivers seat. Andrew started the engine. His comrades noticed this and looked up concerned. 

But he didn't care. Andrew didn't care. He wasn't going to let those illegals get away with what they had done! He wasn't going to let them! Andrew pressed the power button and pressed down onto the pedal zooming off down the rugged and broken road. 

Andrew didn't know where the illegals were but if he sent a tracking hound then it'd be much easier. If his mother found out it didn't matter. He was doing this for her! Besides Andrew was sick and tired of living behind those walls and in the house of his own mother. He wanted to keep her safe. 

By now though, it didn't matter Andrew knew she most likely already knew he was not anywhere near home. 

Andrew clenched the steering shift... 

He wasn't going to let them get away. He was going to ELIMINATE them.