Fear

Joy: Honestly, do you know that I feel a bit weird..
Sungjae: Why?
Joy: No, I don't want to talk about this.
Sungjae: What is it? Did anything happen? What? Ah what is it?
Joy: I'm the one who wants to know!

~

To: 박수영 (Park Sooyoung)
수영아 (Sooyoung-ah)! :)

She smiled as she received his message. She put down her chopsticks and typed her reply right away. She continued eating ramen while watching We Got Married, the first part of the two episodes with Sungjae's special surprise, with the other ReVel members.

To: 성재 오빠 (Sungjae Oppa)
Ne?

Yeri caught her smiling and started to bother her.

"Eonni, it's hyung bu (brother-in-law), isn't it? Keuchi?" She kept on nudging Joy although she pretended not to hear.

"Omo, you're not even denying it? So it is hyung bu! Kyaaaah!" Yeri squealed in a high-pitched voice that made the others laugh, finally making Joy turn red and defensive.

"Yah maknae-yah, he's not your hyung bu, okay? So stop that!"

"Aniya~ if I know you want all this to be real!" Wendy blurted and stuck her tongue out at her.

Joy's phone buzzed and she quickly opened his message.

From: 성재 오빠
Did you enjoy my surprise event for you that day?

Everyone else saw what he said so she decided to just leave them and be alone in their room. The show was done anyway.

To: 성재 오빠 (Sungjae Oppa)
Of course! Haha you really can be romantic oppa.

His reply came immediately after.

From: 성재 오빠 (Sungjae Oppa)
But seriously. I was worried because you looked really sad. You're really that scared huh?

She did not expect that response from him and it felt awkward for her to admit that she did not want them to end.

To: 성재 오빠 (Sungjae Oppa)
Ne... But it's not happening yet so that's fine!

That's all she could say. She didn't want to sound too curt nor did she want to explain herself. It's pretty obvious that she has feelings for him but she never actually told him without the cameras rolling.

She was staring at the wall, feeling sad once again by the thought of saying goodbye, when her phone suddenly buzzed. Her screen showed that he was calling, and for some reason, her heart started pounding fast. It was the first time he called her for no particular reason. She wasn't ready to pick up. Not with this state when she's thinking about them... About him.

But she had no choice. It would be rude not to pick up when she knew that he knew she was there.

"Yeo-yeoboseyo?" Damn it. Did you really have to stutter just to say hello? She mentally scolded herself.

"Gwaenchanha?" He asked through the line.

"Eo? What do you mean?" She was trying hard to sound casual, and she hoped it worked.

"Ani, it's just that..." His pause made it feel like she could feel her own heartbeat.

"Mwoyah?" She asked.

"I just want to say sorry."

"Oppa, waegeuraeyo? I don't think you have wronged me in any way." She replied in a curious tone. She did not actually know what he meant with that apology.

"Geunyang. Joy-ah, I want you to know that... Although it may not seem like it's real, I tried my best to show my sincerity to you that day. I didn't expect you to believe my fake tears, but seeing your reaction made me feel so foolish. I... scared you, didn't I?"

She finally understood where he was coming from. And she likes it when he's being like this.

"Aniya oppa, it's okay! As longcas we're not yet ending, I'm happy."

"Stop saying that. We both know it will all end someday. And our lives must go on. But Sooyoung-ah, the words I sang to you in the studio... They were all true."

She was flustered by what he said. What does he mean? Because the only thing she remembers is "I love you"...

"Oppa what do you mean?"

"Come out, and you'll know."

~

A/N:
Hello everyone!! I'm sorry for the long wait and short update 😢 I appreciate all the reads, comments and likes, I really do! 💞 I know I have a habit of doing cliff-hanger type endings, but that's so you can imagine what would happen next yourself! But thanks for the support everyone! Love ya! 😘