Prologue

"Ugh." Myrtle exclaims as she breathes another sigh. It's already half-past midnight on a Saturday and she was on the verge of coming up with a great idea or going completely insane. The paper she crumpled had landed on piles of paper she had trashed hours ago. She was frustrated, her inspiration tank already months empty, and was about to call it a night when a pebble found it's way onto her desk. She looked toward the window and realized it was open. Her feet made their own moves and positioned her inches from the window pane, her hands supported her as she leaned in to take a peek.
It was Cyan Evans, that freaky geek that always had a mischievous look as he passed by Myrtle's house. She always found him creepy, especially how he stared at her window as if he was looking for her. They never talked before, the only reason she knew his name was because of the rumors that spread out the streets ever since he arrived in town.
He was even weirder tonight than ever before, because he wore a bicycle helmet in addition to his usual swimming top and really short shorts and the fact that he was on her backyard.

"Are you Myrtle?" He asked loudly, it was the first time she heard his voice.

"You'll wake my mom up." She shushed him, holding her forefinger against her lips.

"Oh, sorry. Now answer the question." He demanded, his voice even deeper.

"Depends. What do you want? Do you even know what time it is?" She replied, avoiding his question.

"I have something important to tell you, Myrtle." He smirked cockily.

"Okay, first of all, I never said my name was Myrtle," she sassed, "and second, do I look like I give a damn about what you have to say?"

"Well that's because you don't know, Myrtle Ryan." His attempt at intimidation failed so far as Myrtle just smirked with a brow arched.

"Oh, do enlighten me, Mr. Cyan Evans." She crossed her arms on the window pane and looked at him.

"I'm from the future." He manages to spit out.

"That's it, enough." She rolled her eyes, slammed the window close and untied the curtain.