Chapter 4 {Homerun Derby}

Taylor's pov

"Who wants to go to the park?" Jade suggests

Everyone either nods their head or says yes.

"Hey can we run back to the school really quick so I can get my truck?" Jaycob asks as we get into my jeep.

"Yeah sure." I say.

"I'll text Nicole and tell her that well be at the park in a bit." Dillon adds.

We run by the school and Jaycob gets in his truck and follows us to the park.

The park that were going to has two baseball fields and two softball fields with a children's play grown all in the middle.

When we pull up Jade, Nicole, and Carson are out on one of the softball fields. Jade is at shortstop, Carson is in left field and Nicole is hitting a softballs to them.

Nicole hits one to Carson. Carson takes off running towards the fence, looks up to find the ball, and catches it right as it was about to go over the fence. After she catches it she throws is perfectly to Jade.

Impressive Casrson...Impresive

We each grab our baseball gloves and run out to the field that their on.

"Mind if we show y'all up at ya'll's own game ladies?" I say with my signature cocky smirk.

"We'd like to see y'all try." Carson yells as she cocks her hip out crosses her arms over her chest.

"Y'all are on." Nicole says.

"First team to hit ten balls over the fence wins." Nichole says as she crosses her arms too.

Jaycob, Dillon and I huddle for a second and discuss things. "Deal, but the guys get to hit to the girls and the girls get to hit to the guys."

The girls huddle for a moment.

"Okay, but I get to pitch to y'all." Carson says smirking.

"Deal." I say before I realize Jaycob was going to disagree.

"Okay, batter up buddy boy." Carson says.

Nicole gets behind the plate and Jade takes position as the umpire. Dillon goes first.

Carson gets ready and throws a slow fastball right down the middle. Dillon hits it and it goes straight over the fence in center field. Then Jaycob goes, and she throws the same thing to him. Jaycob hits it over the fence also.

Finally it's my turn. I step up and already know she's going to throw a fastball down the middle. She pitched the ball and its coming ten times faster than the ones she pitched to the other guys.

" Strike!" Jade yells. I nod and give Carson a smirk.

"Give me all you got princess." I say as I spit out a few sunflower seeds.

Carson's pov

He did not just calm me princess. I am not his princess. Nor will I ever be. He's a cocky asshole and from what Jade and Nicole have told me he's nothing but a fuckboy and since he decided to call me "princess" I'm bringing out the big guns.

Okay usually I never throw specialty pitches because I save them for really good batters, unless the batter pisses me off then they are going to feel my wrath and Taylor just pissed me off.

I call Jade and Nicole up to the mound and they jog towards me.

"okay guys I'm going to pull out the big guns. I'm going to go with a change up and then a rise ball." I said in a very hushed tone so the guys didn't hear me. They giggles slightly and then nodded and jogged back to their out field positions.

"Come on princess I don't have all day." Taylor smirked and winked at me.

That does it...

I step up on the mound and start my pitch. I do my normal motions, but as soon as i'm about to release the ball I slow my motion down so that the ball comes across the plate slow instead of fast causing Taylor to swing the bat way before the ball ever reached the plate.

"Strike!" Jade yells again as everyone laughs.

"Is that all you got?" Taylor says with an arrogant attitude and his signature smirk.

"Just wait." I say back.

I take my position at the mound and start my pitch. The ball starts it's normal course across the plate, but right as Taylor is about to swing the ball rises causing him to swing under the ball and strike out.

"Who's the princess now?" I call as I cock my hip out and cross my arms grinning from ear to ear.

The rest of the game goes by quickly and the girls win the game. As we're walking back to our vehicles Jade, Nicole and I are in front of the boys.

"We need to do this more often." Jade says to Nicole and I.

Nicole looks at Jade,"Beat the guys at homerun derby?"

"No hang out." Jade says then lowers her voice so only Nicole and I can hear, "oh and by the way Taylor is completely looking at your ass."

"Me?" I say confused.

"Well nah duh dip shit. Guys aren't my type." Nicole says causing us to laugh and me to snort.

Yeah, I snort when I laugh. I can't help it. And unfortunately all the guys heard. Well Jaycob already knew that. He calls me piglet.

"Did you just snort?" Taylor laughs.

"She does that when she laughs. I call her piglet sometimes." Jaycob laughs.

I blush,"I can't help it!" I say and look at my feet.

"That's friggin adorable!" Dillion says.

"Hey, watch it." Jaycob jokes, but still says with a bit of a little warning tone.

"Can we go now?" Taylor calls. There's a hint of jealousy in his voice that I only pick up on. The rest of the group picks up on the sound of annoyance dripping from his words.

"We're coming princess." I call out mocking his words.

"Haha you're funny." He says, his words filled with sarcasm and a straight face.

"I know I am." I laugh back, my words pretty much dripping with the same about if sarcasm as his.

Why all of a sudden is he jealous? He's has no reason to be. Whatever. Guys are too confusing.

Jaycob and I put our things in his truck and wave bye to everyone, except Taylor. He was sitting in his jeep looking pissed as ever so we could wave to him.

Jaycob and I had our usual jam session on our way home and I could tell that he was happy.

When we got home I plugged my phone up to charge, brushed my hair out, and then took a quick shower. After my shower i decided to braid my hair into two, inside out braids so that i would have waves in the morning.

Just as I was sound asleep I got a text from a number I didn't know.

from unknown: i just want to let you know that you are beautiful. (:

to unknown: who is this?

from unknown: your secret admirer. goodnight beautiful, sweet dreams. i'll see you tomorrow.(:

After that last text message i decided to go to sleep. What bad could a secret admirer be? Plus i was to tired to get to the bottom of it.