Chapter 5 {Spilled Pizza}

Carson's pov

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm playing Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes, my favorite song.

I sat on the edge of my bed and stretched a bit before getting up to choose my outfit of the day. I decided on light wash skinny jeans with small rips through the thighs, a plain white v neck that was a little flowy, white, high top converse, and a long, silver necklace with my initial on it. I chose simple diamond studded earnings, and a small feather earring for my cartilage piercing.

I jumped into the shower and did my usual routine, well except for washing my hair because it was in braids. After my shower was over, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my naked body.

I walked into my room and got dressed, then went to my vanity to fix my hair and put on my face for the day. Haha I'm funny.

I decided to do my make up with a neutral smoky eye, winged liner, highlight and contour, and a touch of light pink liquid lipstick. I took my hair out of the braids and ran I little de-frizz through it with my fingers and teased my roots for a little more volume. I looked myself over in the mirror and decided to wrap a red flannel around my waist and put on my lokai bracelet. I went down stairs to find Jaycob already eating breakfast.

"Mom left a note staying that she's going on a business trip for 2 weeks, so we have the house to ourselves. She left a card with money on it for food and gas. She said no parties." Jaycob said while taking a bite of cereal.

"Ehh, hey I'm gonna drive myself today, okay?" I said to Jaycob.

"Okay, I'm about to leave. Text me when you leave and when you get to school so I know you made it there safely, okay?"

"I will overly protective brother." I said while nudging him and taking and eating the last of my granola bar.

"Okay, bye." And with that Jaycob was out the door.

I went back upstarts to grab my phone, backpack and brush my teeth before I checked myself over in the mirror.

I'm not gonna lie; I looked good today. My jeans hugged my thighs perfectly. The shirt I was wearing made me look curvy and not fat. And my make up was on point.

I flipped my hair one more time to give it an effortless look and headed out the door with everything and my keys. I got into my Camaro that I rarely drove cause I always rode with Jaycob and tried to crank it, but it wouldn't crank.

Shit! This is fucking great!

I called Jaycob and he said that he couldn't leave school since he was already there. So then he hung up and called back a few minuets later.

"Taylor is going to pick you up. Next time you want to drive to school please make sure you car runs. It probably needs gas or something. I'll check it out when we get home. Bye, I love you."

"Love you too." I said as I sat on the porch steps and waited.

Why on days I think are going to go great they start out bad?

I pulled out my phone while I was waiting on Taylor to get me and noticed I had a text from "secret admirer"

From secret admirer: Good morning beautiful, have a nice day!(:

To secret admirer: Good morning. I'll try, but so far this day is already crap. ):

From secret admirer: awe, well I know it will get better. Bye beautiful(:

As I was about to text back when Taylor pulled up and I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket and got in the jeep.

"Where's Dillon?" I ask.