Chapter 7: Jack needs you Mark!

Jack's p.o.v:
I feel my body being crushed. Everything becoming distant like I'm in a tunnel. My body turns. My heart taking over. My brain no longer in control. I walk slowly to the boys bathroom. I feel my shoes rub against the floor. I hear people around me but they sound so distant. Everything I do is slower than normal. I lock myself into a stall and feel something sharp in my hoodie pocket as I sit down. I take it out and my dark past flashes before my eyes.

"He's an idiot. Why doesn't he just kill himself."

"He's worthless. Nobody would miss him."

"Look at him. He's so fragile I could break him."

My body trembling as the cold, sharp edge of the blade strikes my pale skin. I feel blood trickle down my arm as I drop the blade. "Ma. Ma. Please. I need you." I would always call down the stairs to hear no reply. I lift the blade again and strike a few more times. It became a routine. Come in from school, go to the bathroom, slice my skin twice, stop, go to my room and then cry.

'No. I can't do this again. Just think about last time. No ones here to help you if it happens again.' I place the blade by my wrist. 'I was lucky when Mark didn't see them.'

Mark's p.o.v:
'Did I upset Jack? I didn't mean to. I thought he would be happy for me. I mean he can forget about the kiss now and get a girlfriend. Can't he?'

"See you later Mark." The guys say, walking off.

"You have me. You don't need them." Josh whispers in my ear. I nod. "You're walking with me tonight. You can stay round mine. I still have some of your clothes." I force a small smile.

Jack's p.o.v:
"Jack? Are you in here? It's been an hour. You need to come out." Mark says. He goes into the stall next door and climbs to the top. He looks down at my crying figure. "Jack. What's wrong buddy?"

"It's nothing. I'm just uh.. home sick." I partly lie.

"It's ok. I'm sure you can go back."

"I could. But the problems would start again." I look up with tears streaming down my face. I choke out my words. I feel like a baby.

"It's ok. I'm coming over." He swings his legs over and drops down. He crouches next to my balled up body. His arms comfort me. I feel my need for him grow.

"Mark. Please stay here with me for a while." I plead.

"Ok." He whispers, he places his chin on top of my head. For the rest of the day we sit there in complete silence. It's not bad silence. It's understanding and comforting silence.

"Where's Mark?" Josh asks aggressively as he slams his hand against the stall door.

"We don't know. He didn't go to any of his lessons."

"Fine. Let's go and find him. I mean he's meant to be walking with me tonight." The yelling becomes distant as the door closes.

"I can't believe we were in here for the whole day." He whispers.

"Can I just ask. Are you afraid of Josh?" He goes quiet and he stiffens slightly. "Sorry. I shouldn't ask."

"It's ok. We have to go anyway." He goes back over to the other stall and grabs his stuff and leaves. I trail slowly behind, holding my left arm close.

"Jack. There you are." Bob yells.

"Jack. What's wrong?" Felix questions me.

"Nothing." I say weakly, I drop my arm and the blood trickles down my arm and drops to the floor. I feel my legs wobble as they soon fail and my whole body falls. I hear Felix on the phone but I feel myself slip into darkness.

Mark's p.o.v:
'I hope Jack's ok. I saw a blade on the floor with blood but I doubt he would do that. He's sensible. Plus I don't want to ask if he did.' My phone breaks me out of thought.

"Jack needs you, Mark." That's all Felix says before I turn and run back to the school. An ambulance was outside hoisting Jack into it. I rush over and get inside along with Felix, Bob and Wade.