1

"Batman is the best DC character, hands down."

"Sorry, mate, but you're wrong," Ben told Rami with a smirk. "Green Arrow is the best."

"Green Arrow doesn't even do anything! He's a terrible hero!" Rami argued before turning his attention to his best friend. "Ace, what do you think? Batman or Green Arrow?"

Ace, who had been sitting on one of the equipment crates next to where Rami and Ben stood, laughed at the two idiots she called her friends. "Neither. Flash is the best DC superhero," she said, bursting into a fit of giggles when she saw Rami and Ben's reactions.

It had been five months since Ace had debuted in NXT, joining her two best friends, Rami Sebei and Benjamin Satterley, better known as NXT's Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville. After years of working on the independent scene she was finally offered a spot on the WWE roster and she was so glad that the opportunity came when it did.

"Ace, hey." Rami snapped his fingers in front of Ace's face, trying to get the blonde's attention. "Ace, you with me?"

"What?" Ace was obviously distracted by something and both Rami and Ben knew it. "Yeah, yeah, uh, what did you say?"

"We were wondering if you knew that Prince Devitt was going to debut tonight," Ben said before Rami could get a word out.

The name brought back memories for Ace, memories that she didn't like remembering. Memories that were a part of her past that she didn't want anyone to know about, not even her best friends. Memories of a past lover in New Japan that she had hoped she could forget about. The name made the blonde angry, but she wasn't going to show it so she hid it by acting surprised. "Really? I had no idea," she lied as she hopped off the crate. "Thanks for letting me know, but I have a match to get ready for,"

"Ace, the show doesn't start for another hour," Rami tried to grab the girl's arm, but she was able to slip away.

"I'll see you after the show!" Ace called as she ran down the hall towards the women's locker room.

The feeling of Fergal's lips against Ace's neck sent shivers down the blonde's spine. She wasn't sure how the whole thing between her and Fergal started, all she knows is that six months prior to this moment, Fergal had pulled her aside one night and kissed her.

"Devitt," Ace moaned when Fergal found her sweet spot behind her ear. She could feel the Irishman smirk as he began sucking and biting the spot turning Ace into a moaning mess.

"Shush, love," Fergal spoke, pulling away slightly making Ace whimper. Fergal laughed softly before whispering in the blonde's ear, "we can't let anyone know we're back here."

And Ace knew that. She knew that nobody could know about the affair. That's why they were hidden inside a broom closet on the side of the arena that was almost always empty. Usually the two lovers would wait until they got back to Ace's apartment, but Fergal was an impatient person.

"Don't you have a match soon?" Ace asked, trying to hold back her moans as Fergal went back to the spot behind her ear.

"Mhm," Fergal hummed in response, his lips moving further down Ace's neck to the base of her shoulder.

Ace sighed before pushing the dark haired wrestler away. "You have a match. Go get ready." Ace didn't waste anytime in leaving the closet and walking away after that.

She was becoming attached and she knew that couldn't happen. The relationship between her and Fergal was strictly friends with benefits and nothing more...even if she did want it to be more she knew it wouldn't happen.

"Everything okay?"

Ace jumped, startled by the voice before turning to see that it was Karl Anderson, a member of the Bullet Club and a good friend of Fergal and herself. "Uh, yeah, everything's fine." But everything wasn't fine and that was something else that Ace knew.