7

I probably should've said this when I first started writing this book, but I'm not really good at writing something for super long periods of time. This is the first longer story I've ever actually put out and I'm super proud of it. Thank you guys for all the positive feedback and just, ugh, I love you all so much, okay?

I'm not exactly sure how long this story will be, but I will say that by the looks of it there will only be a few more chapters left. This one's kinda shorter, but there wasn't much to do with it in the first place so I'll stick with what I wrote on this one. Enjoy!

||JW||

Fergal had learned very quickly that alcohol did not solve one's problems, but it did make you forget about them for a while. Ever since Ace had left Japan Fergal had started to drink a lot. He had never been a huge drinker, maybe a beer or two once in a while, but now it was a few beers each day and maybe a little extra sips of whiskey here and there.

It was all just so he wouldn't feel the emptiness in his chest, the pain. The alcohol blurred his thoughts and made him momentarily forget about all the good moments he had with Ace which made it easier to go on without her.

He knew he shouldn't drink as much as he was, but it was the only thing keeping him sane. It kept him from breaking down each time he thought about the blonde haired woman he had fallen for.

And honestly, he drank to forget the real reason why he was so broken about Ace leaving. It wasn't at all because of the sex, he could live without that, but he couldn't live with himself knowing that he was one of the reasons why Ace left.

If Fergal hadn't got upset over her falling in love and instead just told her how he really felt, Ace wouldn't have left and they'd possibly be together.

He was the reason she left.

It was all his fault.

Fergal looked down at his phone and sighed. He had been contemplating whether he should text Ace and invite her to come to the bar where he was currently at or not for 20 minutes now. Shaking his head he locked his phone, sticking it in his pocket before signaling the bartender for another beer.

"So, who's the lucky girl or guy?" The bartender asked, popping the top off the bottle and handing it to Fergal before leaning against the counter.

Fergal laughed as he took the beer. "What d'you mean?"

"I've been working in the bar business for three years, the only people who come in at 8 pm and only order beers are usually the ones with some sort of relationship trouble so..." The bartender shrugged as if it was a casual answer that he gave everyday.

Fergal thought for a moment, he wasn't usually one to talk about his private life, but considering there was no one else in the bar besides himself and the bartender, and the bartender seemed like he could possibly give an answer that could help him out, Fergal decided that he'd explain the situation. "Have you ever had a friends with benefits relationship with someone where you said that if you ever fell in love with that person, you'd call the relationship off?"

"No, but continue."

"Okay, well, do you want the full version or a summary?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

30 minutes later, the bartender looked at Fergal with wide eyes as if he had just seen a ghost. Fergal didn't seemed fazed though, he just continued sipping his beer as he waited for the bartender to speak again.

"So, you're telling me that you spent months with this girl, sneaking around so the two of you could fuck, and you both ended up having feelings for each other yet instead of asking her out you basically told her you didn't want to see her again?"

"It sounds worse when you say it like that..."

The bartender looked at Fergal in disbelief. "You do realize that you made the dumbest decision of your life by doing that, right?"

Fergal looked up at the bartender as he thought about it. Had he made the dumbest decision?

"You've recently started hanging out with this girl again, correct?" Fergal nodded. "Well then, tell her how you really feel. Tell her that you love her."

"I doubt she loves me anymore."

"Love does some strange things to people y'know, if she loved you before then there's a very good chance that she still loves you."