3

Ace wasn't exactly sure how she ended up at the bar, she wasn't even that big of a drinker, but after telling Kevin and Ben about what happened in Japan she knew she needed to get out for a bit. Now she found herself sipping on a Kamikaze at the bar as she watched some random basketball game on the screen overhead. The bar was loud and beginning to get crowded, but at this point Ace really didn't care. She just needed to sit and forget about everything for a bit.

"So, do you come here often?"

"You've got to be kidding me," Ace mumbled as she turned to face the man sitting next to her who had obviously had one beer too many. The man's long greasy hair hung in his face and it had clearly been a while since he showered. Ace could smell the beer on his breath and it made her cringe, she never did like the smell or taste of beer.

"Lemme buy you a drink," the man slurred, motioning for the bartender to come over, but Ace waved him off.

"I already have one, but thank you,"

"C'mon, it'll just be one more,"

"I'm fine with the one I have, thanks,"

"Just lemme order you one more,"

"The lady said no."

Ace felt her cheeks flush a dark red when she heard that voice. That same accent that she knew so well, that she could never forget. "Devitt..."

"And who are you?" The drunk man stood up and came face to face with Fergal who didn't looked fazed one bit.

Fergal took a step forward, enough to where his face was only inches from the drunk's. "I'm the guy who's going to kick your ass if you don't walk away right now."

Ace couldn't think straight, she couldn't feel her fingers, and she was pretty sure she was about to throw up. She couldn't believe what was happening.

She watched as the man who she never learned the name of, or cared to for that matter, scoffed, grabbed his beer, and stumbled his way out of the building. The blonde could feel Fergal's gaze on her, but she didn't dare turn to look at him.

"Ace,"

"I, uh, I think I should go," Ace struggled with her words as she pulled a $20 out of her pocket, throwing it on the counter before she got up to leave. She noted that her legs felt like jello, but that didn't matter, she just needed to get home.

"Ace, let me drive you,"

"I'll call a taxi," were Ace's last words before she walked out of the bar, never once turning back to look at the man she once loved.

"There's so many people here," Ace tried yelling over the music, but to Fergal it sounded like a whisper.

"I know, I'm sorry. Do you wanna go home?"

"No no," Ace said as they reached the bar, "you won your match tonight, we're going to celebrate whether you like it or not."

Fergal would've rather just stayed back at Ace's apartment and watched movies, but Ace wouldn't allow it. She insisted that they go out even if only for an hour.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom, okay?" Fergal nodded and watched as Ace walked away, her hips swaying as she made her way through the crowd of people.

Fergal wasn't sure what it was about Ace, but the blonde drove him crazy. They weren't together, but they were around each other 24/7. He wasn't sure if he wanted more or not, but he was sure that if he ever did fall in love with the blonde, he'd call their relationship off.

The two had already decided, their relationship was strictly sex. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fergal noticed that it had been a while since he last saw Ace. Looking over towards the girls' bathroom he felt his blood begin to boil as his eyes landed on a very uncomfortable looking Ace being shoved against a wall by a very large man. The Irishman wasted no time in jumping out of his seat and running over to where the two stood in the corner of the bar; Fergal noted that the man pressing Ace against the wall was at least two sizes bigger than himself, but he didn't care.

"Hey!" Without hesitating, Fergal spun the man around and punched him, immediately knocking the man to the ground.

"What the hell, man?!" The man yelled, clutching his nose as blood began to spill out of it. Fergal was pretty sure he had shattered it.

"Don't mess with another man's woman." Fergal wasn't sure why he said what he did, but it was too late to take it back. He turned towards a wide eyed Ace and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the bar before anything else could happen.