5

"Ace, you comin' out with me and Ben tonight? We're going to that bar that you like, you know, the one with the good chicken tenders,"

"I'm not going." Ace's voice sounded faint from under the pile of comforters on her bed so Rami almost didn't hear her.

Rami sighed, clicking Ace's door shut before walking over to the side of her bed, sitting on it as he pulled the covers back a bit. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's fine," Ace said, rolling over to face the opposite side of the room instead of facing Rami.

Neither of them said anything for a few moments until Rami pushed lightly on Ace's shoulders, urging her to scoot over a bit. "Move over, lemme lay down," he said, moving to lay down as he shuffled under the covers. This was something they did often; they'd lay down next to each other and talk about anything and everything...but right now, Ace wasn't really up for talking. And Rami knew that, but he wanted to know what was going on with his best friend so once he got situated under the covers he tapped on Ace's shoulder causing the blonde to roll over to see what he wanted. "Are you gonna talk to me?"

Ace shrugged the best she could, which, in her current position, wasn't very easy. "There's nothing to talk about."

Rami frowned. "You came home from Raw with two sets of clothes that definitely weren't yours, specifically a Bálor Club shirt and a pair of shorts that I know for a fact aren't yours. Ace, please tell me what happened at Raw,"

"Nothing happened!" Ace said, sitting up and pushing the covers away. "And besides, if something did happen I wouldn't tell you or Ben because you guys have enough to worry about with R-Evolution tomorrow."

"Everything okay in here?" Ben's voice came from the bedroom doorway and both Rami and Ace jumped; neither Canadian had heard the door open or heard Ben walk in, yet here he was.

"Everything's fine, Ben," Ace spoke as she stood up off the bed.

"No, everything's not okay," Rami stated as he too stood up. "Something happened at Raw and Ace isn't telling me what it is."

Ben turned towards Ace with a confused look on his face. "Ace?"

The blonde glanced back and forth between her two friends as she thought about whether she should tell them or not. "Fine. You wanna know what happened?" Both Rami and Ben nodded. "Fergal lent me some clothes because I was sick of wearing the dresses that Leah gave me to wear and I had nothing else. Happy now?"

"Wait, don't you hate Fergal?" Ben asked and Ace nodded before shrugging.

"I don't know, I thought I did, but-"

"Why don't you go talk to him?"

Ace laughed and shook her head. "Oh, no no no. He already tried to talk to me and I wouldn't let him,"

"Well maybe you should," Ben spoke up, "I have his number, why don't you call him and maybe find some time to hang out with him?"

Ace looked over at Rami who just shrugged. "What makes you think this is going to do anything?"

Ben smirked. "I never said it would, I just said that you should call him and find time to hang out. Whether this fixed anything between the two of you is up to you."

Ace thought about a moment before nodding slightly, taking Ben's phone from him once he pulled it out of his pocket.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey, Ben, what's up?" Fergal's voice came through the phone speakers and felt her heart skip a beat. She couldn't believe she was really doing this.

"Hey, um, it's Ace."

"Ace? Why are you calling from Ben's phone?"

"I, uh, I didn't have your number so Ben, um, let me borrow his," Ace explained, cringing when she heard her voice crack a bit. "I was just wondering, are you going to the bar tonight with the rest of the roster?"

"Well, no. I wasn't planning on it, why?"

Ace shut her eyes for a moment and hoped that when she opened them she would be laying in her bed and this would all be a dream. When that didn't happen she spoke again. "I thought we could maybe, ya know, hang out."

It was quiet for a few moments and Ace began regretting asking him the question, that was until he spoke up again.

"How about Saturday? We could go to a diner not too far from the PC."

Ace felt herself smile, but she wasn't sure why. She was supposed to hate Fergal, right? Two days ago she had practically yelled at him for asking to talk, but here she was asking him to hang out. This was all so confusing. "Yeah, Saturday's good."

"Great, I'll see you then. Bye."

"Bye." And with that, Ace pressed the 'end call' button on Ben's phone and say it next to her.