Chapter 3

Alexis's POV ~

It has been two weeks since Zane told me that my parents killed his parents. I know that's bad but they are mafias.

Our slogan: We know we bad, we're killer Mafias. Get your ass out of here or you get shot in your head. Poof.

I would see Zane in the halls and I would say 'hey' and I get back a growl or disgusted looks. I wonder why did my parents kill them. Or murder. I have to ask them. But why do I care about Zane's parents.

Oh right, because I hate seeing or hearing people being shot.

I would be hanging out with Anya, Evie, Hailey, and Tanya. We would be eating lunch together at our table. My next class was P.E. Whoopee. Note sarcasm.

P.E is the class I hate the most. The teacher and the exercises. I would come out with sore legs. Also Zane is in most of my classes meaning he goes to P.E with me.

I walked with Anya and Evie.

"You sure you will be okay with Zane in your class?" Evie asked. I scoffed.

"Pfft. I'm Mafia's Daughter. I can hurt him in one snap" they nodded in understanding.

We started with dodge ball. The coach was assigning the teams.

"Evie team 1. Zane team 2, Anya team 1, Harrison team 2, Justin team 1,"he stared at me. Please no. "Alexis team 2." Fuck. He called the rest of the students on teams.

I stood next to Zane.

"Zane," he didn't move. "Zane,"I repeated. I was getting frustrated. "Zane Carter Andrews!"

"What!?" He snapped.

"You know what; fuck it!" I walked out of the gym.

I heard of both Linda and Reece Andrews were both killed on the same day. I knew the were killed but I didn't know, they got murdered by my parents.

I didn't care if I was skipping school. I need to get home and wonder why Mr and Mrs Andrews were killed.

I walked inside the house slamming the door.

"Ma! Dad!"I yelled. The rushed down the stairs.

"Sweetie, what wrong?" My mother asked.

"My baby girl is skipping school" my dad said wiping fake tears.

"We need to have a talk." I said.

"Okay? What's up?" They said

"Why did you kill Linda and Reece Andrews?" Their eyes widen.

"Er. Um?" My dad said scratching the back of his head.

"We were assigned to kill them but we couldn't. We told the team that we did but a few months later, they found out we didn't kill them so the did it themselves. " my mother said since my dad did want to tell me.

"Oh" was all I could say.

"But we did that 4 years ago, why did you ask now?"

"Because," should I tell them? "Because their son, Zane Andrews goes to my school"

"What?"
"What!"

Of course I can tell which 'what' my dad said.

"Dad, even if I went out with him, not saying I will, if he breaks my heart, I will break him."

"That's my baby girl" he said chuckling.

*~*~*

"Zane," he slowly turned and sighed.

"What Alexis?" He said in a calm voice.

"I came to tell you that my parents didn't actually kill your parents." He laughed bitterly.

"And I'm supposed to believe you?"

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?" I muttered. He sighed and nodded.

I grabbed his hand and took him to my house.

"This is where you live?" He asked. I nodded. "It's very big" I smiled.

My mother came out from the kitchen. I can feel Zane squeezing my hand. I looked at hands realizing that we haven't let go.

"Zane Andrews. Please sit down" she said.

"Yes Mrs. Carpenter"

"Please call me Sophia" he nodded. "Look Zane, I'm really sorry for your parents death. It wasn't me or my husband fault." She sighed. "We were assigned to take them both down. But we couldn't do it. We let your parents go. A few months later when your parents were going to work, the other mafias found out we didn't kill them so they killed your parents.I'm really sorry." I held Zane's hand for comfort.

"It's alright Sophia. If you love something too much, you have to let it go."

I smiled at his thought.

"Can you stay for dinner tonight Zane?" She asked.

"Um sure. Just let me call Richard my butler" she nodded.

"Am I forgiven?" I asked him. That made him smirk. I miss that smirk.

What am I saying?

"Nope" my jaw dropped.

"What do you mean nope?"

"Your not forgiven"

"What will I have to do to make you forgive me?" He smiled.

"Go on a date with me" I raised my left brow. "You always hated me, so go on one date with me" I just stood there for a very long time before agreeing.

The rest of my family came home.

"Why is Zane here?" Jayden asked.

"Tell you later" he nodded and walked into the kitchen to help mum.

"Why is Mr. McPerfect pants doing here?" Madison.

"Hello to you to Madison" he said.She rolled her eyes.

"I'll tell you later."

"Okay? I'm bringing a gun" Typical Madison.

"Hiya. Hey Zane" Caden said.They did man things with the hug and all that things.

That's why I love Caden the most. He agrees with me all the time, never fights with me and mostly takes care of me like a normal brother.

We ate dinner. I held hands with Zane knowing that my parents will talk about the death. He smiles at me knowing I understand and I'm comforting him.

We finished dinner and Zane insisted to help with the dishes.

"Night Zane,"

"Night Princess"

I shut the door after he left.

Princess, I like that name.