19. All We Do Is Drive

Lydia-POV

It's been eleven days since the three of us have drove off in Stiles' Jeep. We have been driving on the road roughly about 143 hours just driving. We have taken a few pit stops and have stayed at a couple of cheap motels, but we have pretty much been driving since we left. When Rachel fell asleep earlier, Stiles and I talked to one another about where we wanted to take her. I suggested we stay at my apartment in New York for a few days. He agreed that it would be a good idea to let everything sink in for a few days, but then we would probably need to pack up and leave.

I have only left Beacon Hills once in my life. I always thought that this town held me back from reaching my true potential. In high school I always thought that I would end up marrying someone with a lot of money, have a few kids with them, and end up being stuck in that town forever. However, I got out and I wanted to go back on several occasions, but now I don't think I ever want to go back. It's no longer my home and it's not safe like we left it back in high school. Now it's a battlefield and I don't want to be the one caught in the cross fire. Life never turns out the way you plan and in this case my life isn't turning out the way I planned making this situation even harder than it has to be.

Rachel has been sitting quietly in the Jeep because her parents packed in her bag headphones, some DVD's, and a DVD player to keep her entertained. With all the traveling we have been doing the entertainment that Allison and Isaac packed benefits Stiles and I from constantly having to entertain Rachel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stiles, can you pull into the parking lot here? I want to grab some food." I plead tugging on the sleeve of his flannel.

"Sure, Lyds. I'll stay in the car with Rachel. Don't forget the Doritos!" He tells me.

"Cool Ranch. I know," I grab my purse and slam the door shut behind me.

I stretch before I walk any further because I have been sitting in that rust bucket for the past three hours straight.

I open the door to the supermarket and grab a cart along with the circular. I flip through the circular to see if there were any coupons for items that we might need. I rip out a coupon for sunscreen, one for Doritos, crackers, peanut butter and a case of water. In the circular I also notice some coupons for ice cream, brownies, and one for tampons. The coupon for tampons gets me thinking holy shit! I grab my phone and open up the calendar app on my phone. Instead of sighing with the relief, I feel my heart-rate picking up and I panic.  I am two weeks late. I missed it.

I run to the aisle with the pregnancy tests and grab three off of the shelf. I race over to the self-checkout register to pay for them and then immediately go to the bathroom. I go into the first empty stall I see and then open up the pregnancy test box. I pee on the stick and the wait two minutes for the test to be completed.

Once the two minutes are up, bam there is a positive sign. DAMN IT! I take the test two more times and the outcome is two more positive signs appearing on the stick. I sit on the toilet seat for a few minutes listening to the music in the bathroom. 'Why the hell did they put elevator music in the bathroom?'  It just doesn't make any sense. My inner sub-conscience is telling me to stop worrying about the music and start to worry about the situation. 'What the hell am I suppose to do?' I can't have a baby! Especially now what I am going to do? I am not cut out to be a mom let alone a good one at the moment. I may be taking care of Rachel for now, but I thought that it was only temporary. What the hell is Stiles going to say about this? How the hell am I going to tell Stiles that he is the father?'

I calm myself down and walk out of the bathroom I put the pregnancy test back in their boxes and I throw out two of the tests, but I keep the one because I think Stiles might need some proof. I try to leave the supermarket as soon as possible and grab some food and hurry back to the Jeep.

I open up the trunk and put the groceries in. Before I shut the trunk I give Stiles his bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and then sit back down in the passenger seat. I hand them to him avoiding any eye contact with his face and I let out a soft sigh.

"Thanks, Lyds. You're a life savor." He immediately opens the bag and starts chomping on his food. With his mouth full of Doritos he asks, "so Lyds, do you want to keep driving or do you want to stop at a motel for the night? After all, it is close to Rachel's bedtime."

"Yeah sure. It's been a long day." I comply and look out the window trying not to make any eye contact with him.

Stiles and I sit in silence while Rachel laughs every so often to a cartoon she is watching.

Stiles turns on the radio and Halsey's song Drive comes on. Out of all the songs the radio station decides to play they pick this one. Of course the one that describes Stiles and I perfectly right now. Stiles gives me a few gazes every so often. I know he is looking because I feel his eyes on me. I push my hair down to the left to cover my face, because I don't want to him to see me right now.

"All we do is drive, All we do is think about the feelings that we hide, All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign, Sick and full of pride, All we do is drive, And California never felt like home to me, And California never felt like home, And California never felt like home to me,"

When the song is over we pull up into the parking lot of a motel. We sit in silence for a moment until Stiles turns off the engine and says,"I'm going to go see if we can go get a room. You can come inside with Rachel if you want."

I give a small nod to him.

How am I going to tell him? Hopefully he understands.

___________________________________________________________

Bear With Me Guys!

There will probably be another update by Friday of this week, because I have to catch up on some of my school work because I was sick yesterday.

I know I usually post a chapter every day or every other day so I apologize.

Did you guys like the finale episode last night?

Do you guys like the chapters I have been writing so far.

Rumors I heard about Season 6

According to MoviePilot and TVLine

*New Villains are the Ghost Riders, Nazi Werewolf, and Deucalion

*Also Theo and Parrish will be in the opening credits next season while Kira won't return until Season 6B.

*Also there is a Stydia scene in the first episode of Season 6.

*Theo and Stiles are going to be attacked and will help each other.

*Also Lydia will have some emotional issues to deal with in Season 6.