The Confession

Pacifica's POV

I ride my bike on the old road. Wanting to get to my destination as fast as possible. Lots of trees blur past me, and the wind hits my face. It feels refreshing. I spot the old building up ahead. Still looking the same after all these years. Outside on the couch, Dipper is reading. He looks up from his book, and smiles faintly.

"Mabel!" Dipper calls for his sister.

I get off of my bike, and place it by the side of a tree. As I'm about to turn around, I feel Mabel pull me into a hug.

"Surprise hug!" Mabel yells.

"It's not much of a surprise if I saw it coming." I say, laughing a little.

"C'mon, let's get this sleepover started!" Mabel pulls me into the Mystery Shack, and upstairs to her room.

We enter the old room in the attic. Some things look the same, but also different. New posters of various bands cover the walls and the ceiling on Mabel's side of the room. On Dipper's side, there is a new book shelf with lots of books. Different colours and sizes. Mabel jumps, and belly flops on her bed, then turns to look at me. Her teeth now free from the metal prison, and hair cut shoulder length. She gives me a wide smile, and pats the space next to her. I sit there, and twiddle my thumbs, feeling nervous.

"So Paz, what do you wanna do first? Watch a movie, sing karaoke, annoy Dipper..." Mabel keeps going on about the things we could do, but I was distracted by her. Her smile, her voice, just everything about her intoxicates my senses.

"Paz. Paz? Paz!" I snap out of my mindless, lovesick state.

"Y-yeah? What's up?" I mentally kick myself at my stupid response.

"You looked dazed. Is everything alright?" Mabel puts her hand on my forehead, and my face becomes redder than a cherry.

"I'm o-okay Mabel. I'm fine." I take Mabel's hand off my forehead, and scoot a little farther from her.

"Pacifica, if something's wrong, I want to help you..." Mabel scoots closer to me, and takes both of my hands in hers.

"If you keep doing this to me, I won't be able to control myself..." I murmur to myself as I glance at the floor.

Mabel's face turns bright red. She stares at me, and looks as if she were at a loss for words. I then realise that I probably said that louder than I intended to.

"Pacifica... Do... Do you..." Mabel trails off, and looks deep into my eyes. I look away, but Mabel turns my head and keeps her hand on my cheek.

"Mabel... I-I well... You see... um..." I can't speak. My tongue is twisted, and my throat feels dry.

Mabel giggles at me, and pulls me into a hug. Tears cascade down my rosy red cheeks. Mabel wipes them away.

"Pacifica, it's okay. There's no need to cry. The truth is, I wanted to have a sleepover with you because I wanted to work up the guts to tell you that... Well... That I'm actually in love with you..." Mabel gives me a warm smile, and I smile back at her.

This time, I pull her into a hug, and squeeze her tightly. Never wanting to let her go.

"I've been trying to tell you for three years, and I'm still to chicken to tell you now." Mabel giggles a little bit at my confession, then she starts to full out laugh.

"Pacifica, if you said it now, or even three years ago, I would never reject you."

"Mabel... I lo-" I was interrupted by Mabel crashing her lips into mine.

I was caught by surprise. I kiss her back, then we pull apart.

"I love you too, Paz!" Mabel tackles me with a hug.

I just lay on the bed, laughing, and enjoying Mabel and her silliness.

"What's so funny?" Mabel asks me. I sit up and look at her eyes for the hundredth time.

"You." I get up from my spot on the bed, and tickle Mabel until she can't stand it.
_______________________________

Hey guys, sorry if I haven't written anything in a while. I've been having writer's block, so my brain was kinda dry for a long time. This was originally supposed to be done yesterday, but I didn't have time. I might write more in the future, and possibly finish Only One. I hope you guys liked the story, and have a fabulous day :)

(P.S.
I would like to thank KatherynBurcham for requesting this fanfic. It gave me the push I needed to get out of my writer's block)