Chapter 9

"So anyways, after I so gracefully persuaded him that us borderline fucking was gonna be great, he did the whole thing where he blushes really hard and gets that look like you just kicked a dog in front of him. You know the one. It was pretty fuckin' fantastic."

"Wow. Really?" John asked, the surprise evident in his voice even over the phone.

"Yeah."

"And he actually said he was gonna go after all that?" John asked with a soft chuckle.

"Incidentally, yes. I guess my charismatic charms were too much for him to resist," I said with a smirk, shifting my phone to my other hand and putting the other one behind my head. "Not to mention how much of a shame it would be to pass up on a fine piece of ass like this."

"Uh huh. And you think he's still gonna love your 'charismatic charms' once you're shitfaced drunk?" John asked.

"Ok, first of all, you and I both know damn well I'm not really that bad when I'm drunk, and second if all, who ever said I was gonna get wasted there?"

John laughed a little. "Like you'd ever go to one of Vriska's parties and not drink everything in sight."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Fuck off. I said I'd stopped doing that, remember?"

"And I'm the queen of England."

I faltered a bit, my cheeks burning a bit. "Take that back or I'll drag myself over to your house and kick your ass myself."

"I reckon I could take you," John said with a giggle.

"Oh really? Even though you weigh all of about 120 soaking wet?"

"Even though you can't even physically kick my ass?" John said playfully.

"Even though you're not the one who's been lifting all 150 pounds of yourself in and out of a wheelchair for the past 6 years?" I countered with a sly grin.

John laughed in his familiar musical way. "Ok, ok, fine you got me there, I guess."

"Mm hmm, that's what I thought," I said. "Don't forget your place, Egdork."

"Yeah fucking right, Dave." There was an indecipherable noise on his line, and I heard him shuffle as he moved.

"What was that?"

John didn't answer, but I could hear his muffled voice, as well as the faint voice of his dad. After a minute and a couple 'yes's, he put the phone back to his ear. "No, it's fine, it's just my dad. Wanted to see what I was up to."

"Did he think you were beating off again?"

I could practically hear John's cheeks flare red as he giggled softly. "N-no. He just wanted to check up on me."

I smirked. "That's parent talk for making sure you're not jerking off." I sat up. "Speaking of, I haven't heard from Dirk in a little while now."

"Oh, he's still at home? I thought he'd left," John said as I scooted over to the edge of the bed.

"No, I would've heard him," I said, pinching my phone between my ear and my shoulder as I lowered myself into my wheelchair. "I think he's still in his room. I guess we'll see."

"Are you gonna go check?" John asked with a half chuckle.

"Of course," I said. "I need to make sure he's not doin' anything inappropriate, y'know?" As I wheeled out into the hallway, I chuckled and murmured, "I bet he's in there with one of the sweet young honeys he met at some b--"