Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Dress

"We will be home for your grandfather's death anniversary, Blair." sabi ni mommy.

I missed a call from her when I was in the bathroom. I didn't expect that she would call again but she did.

"Okay po." simpleng sabi ko.

"Anyway, do you want anything? Or do you need anything?" she asked me.

"Wala po." sagot ko.

"Okay then..." she trailed off and I heard someone called her name asking for her presence at a meeting. "I'm sorry, Blair. Mommy needs to attend a meeting in behalf of your father's absence. Talk to you later." at mabilis niyang ibinaba ang tawag.

Talk to me later... I sarcastically let out a laugh. As if she would call later to check on me again. Everytime she'd call, she'll always say that she'll call me again but she never did. Noong una'y umaasa pa ako't lagi akong nakatutok sa cellphone ko pero nung natuto na ako'y hindi na ako nag-eexpect pa.

"Your mom called you?" Ida happily asked.

I just simply nodded and took a sip in my favorite dark mocha frappe. And now I'll be able to enjoy this heavenly drink without pouring it in someone's clothes or something.

"What did she say?" she asked.

"That they're going home for my grandfather's death anniversary. That's all." sabi ko't ang cinnamon danish naman ang sinimulan kong kainin.

"Well, at least she called right?" she smiled and tried to cheer me up.

"Ida, I'm fine okay?" I said. "Like what I'm always trying to tell you, I don't care anymore."

"I know but still..." she sighed at saka umiling. "Let's just enjoy our day. We're gonna shop new clothes, watch movie and pig out in our favorite buffet restaurant. Isn't great?!" she said, excitedly.

I smiled a little. "We always do that..."

"That's our bonding and relaxing time, Blair." giit niya. "That's the BlairIda style."

Sometimes I think that Ida's so annoying but everytime she annoys me, I'm feeling happy.

"Hello, mom?" sagot ni Ida sa tawag ng kaniyang mommy habang papasok kami sa isang boutique. "I'm with Blair po. You know... bonding time po namin every Saturday."

I started to scan the racks that's full of dresses while Ida's busy talking to her mom.

"Later?... Okay then. Sure, mom! Of course sasama po siya... Yup. Okay. Bye, mommy. I love you po." she ended the call at saka lumingon sa akin. "Blair, wag na tayong kumain dito." she said.

Nilingon ko naman siya with a curious expression. "Bakit naman?" I asked her.

"Well, mom cooked bountiful of foods dahil ngayon ang dating ni Kuya galing sa successful European tour niya." Ida said. "Sabi niya doon nalang daw tayo kumain."

Ida's brother is an artist. A member of a band. Specifically, the vocalist and also a guitarist. I forgot the name of their band but they play good music and they're famous for having a world tour even though they're only a local band artist here in the Philippines.

"Is it necessary?" I asked.

"Of course! It's my mother's order." she answered.

I slightly laughed. I know Ida's mom. Mas makulit pa 'yan sa amin ni Ida. I'm sure hindi siya papayag na hindi ako doon kakain sa kanila ngayong gabi lalo na't marami siyang iniluto.

"Okay then... dinner will be at your house." sabi ko nalang.

Honestly, I envied Ida before because she has a happy family. They're always complete when it comes to different occasions annually. Nakakainis nga dahil busy rin naman ang parents ni Ida sa trabaho but they can always find time for their son and daughter. Ako nga, nag-iisang anak na nga lang, hindi pa mabigyan ng kahit kaunting oras. That's why I envied her... but now, I don't. Because I can feel that I'm a part of their family too.