Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Frustration

"Blair!" Ida shouted my name and snapped at me.

I kept on spacing out since I came in to her room. I can hear her voice but I can't understand anything. I can see her but she's a blur. My focus is somewhere far.

"Huh?" I unconsciously said when I turned to Ida.

She face palmed and let out a deep sigh.

"Let me guess... Wala kang naintindihan sa mga sinabi ko, 'diba?" she asked and even crossed her arms.

Ida looked so pissed because she knew that I'm not paying attention to her earlier.

Umiling naman ako. "Wala." I honestly answered.

"Okay... I understand why you're spacing out." she calmed herself while saying those words. "We fought with death earlier, it's only normal for you to act like that but let's move on, Blair. We didn't die. We should celebrate."

I just insensibly nodded.

Kung sana nga'y tungkol lang sa muntikan ng aksidente na nangyari kanina kaya ako nagkakaganito ay mas okay. Mabilis ko lang 'yon makakalimutan pero hindi.

I want to forget about this irrelevant feelings that I'm feeling for Gael. He's not worthy enough to cloud my mind, paano pa kaya kung pati sa puso ko ay makakapasok siya. Baka magpa-transplant nalang ako ng puso't utak ng ibang tao.

"Anyway, bakit nga pala nakasunod sa atin si Gael kanina? Sinusundan niya ba tayo?" bigla niyang tanong.

Why does she have to bring him up again?

"I don't know." sagot ko.

"Imposible! Di nga?" she mocked me.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Can't it be just a coincidence, Ida?" I sarcastically told her. "I don't know why he's there. I admit that we met earlier pero noong tanghali pa 'yon. Nahanap niya ako sa Starbucks during my free time. Pero after that, hindi ko na siya ulit nakita."

"If that's the case..." she trailed and her eyes widened as she pointed her finger at me. "He's stalking you, Blair! You have a stalker!"

Napakunot naman ang aking noo. "He's not stalking me." I said, trying to push that thought away.

Mas lalo lang akong hindi mapapakali kapag nalaman kong ini-stalk niya ako. It's just purely a coincidence.

"Come on, Blair! Don't be so naive." she said, pushing that Gael's my stalker.

It's not that I'm playing naive or primitive... I just don't want to consider that conclusion of Ida.

I was about to argue with her when the door suddenly opened. Isaiah stepped inside her sister's room and his eyes instantly found mine.

And here's the reason why I want to stop Gael from getting inside my heart. For whatever reason I have, I know that Isaiah's more worthy than him.

Isaiah's been loving me for so many years. He waited patiently for me. He didn't pressure me or anything. I belong to him. I know I do.

"And here comes the best friend bonding time intruder..." Ida rolled her eyes as soon as she saw her brother.

Hindi naman pinansin ni Isaiah si Ida at dire-diretso ng lakad patungo sa akin.

"Hey--"

He immediately wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

"I missed you..." he whispered. I can feel his hot breath tickling my ear.

FierceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara