//1//

Chizu is a beauty in vain, as they say. She has the looks, the appearance, but somehow people find something discouraging in her. Her personality for example, where at times she acts so rude and mean.

She has friends but she treats them as acquaintances.

"Ah, Chizu-yah. Can you teach me this part?" a short-haired girl approaches her table during lunch break.

Chizu looks up at her, eyebrow twitching. "Why are you here in the school in the first place?" she asks.

The short haired girl is taken aback, gulps and bows down her head. "I- I was just thinking you might help me. I'm so sorry." And the girl runs off.

Chizu sighs. She doesn't mean to act like that, but her only point is that, why study in school when it's not helping her anyway?

Someone pats her shoulders and Chizu turns to see another girl with a face full of colors, makeup in other words. "That was hard Chizu." She comments.

Chizu shrugs. Whenever someone tells her about her actions, she doesn't give it a thought. She doesn't mind. Entertaining things that have happened already is nonsense for her. She doesn't waste her time.

"I was only saying what's the point of going to school when it's not helping you anyway," She states. The girl who pats her earlier shakes her head in defeat and walks to her seat.

Chizu has grown used to this kind of situations. It's like an everyday occurrence. Her daily life. She lays her head on the table and stares outside. She is lucky to be sitting on the seat by the window because all the time, the outside view seems interesting than what's inside her classroom now.

So interesting that a tiny bird landed on her table. She blinks at the small creature. It is injured, she presumes because the bird doesn't fly away as soon as it landed.

"Oh—"

"Oh!"

Chizu is startled. She knows she doesn't say that out loud, and if so, she doesn't say it in such intonation. Just then a head pokes just outside her window. She moves back almost stumbling on her chair seeing the person climbing on her window.

Her classmates stare at the scene, confused and surprised, but says nothing. What's happening that times seems amusing in their eyes since its Chizu involve.

"Don't!" the guy shouts.

Chizu frowns and remains cautious at this guy who seems to be talking to himself or not, she doesn't know and she's not interested. But the guy points at her and she blinks in confusion, her eyes widening.

"Wha—" she starts but the guy cuts her out. "You're planning to throw the bird away! Poor bird too innocent for this world." The guy goes on and on babbling about how precious and fragile the bird is and how she is being heartless.

That isn't what's bothering Chizu right now but the fact that the guy manages to read her mind if not guessing.

"How did you know?" she asks and the guy stops blabbing, the bird now on his hands which he holds dearly. She can hear her classmates mumbling, probably about their discovery of her throwing the bird.

The guy is about to say something when Chizu's homeroom teacher comes in. The woman might have recognized the guy and points at him. "Kim Taehyung! What are you doing here? And what's that on your hands?"

The guy seems not perturbed on how the teacher sounds irritated because he grins widely while saying, "I'm rescuing someone!" The woman stares pointedly at Taehyung and Taehyung could have guessed what it means because he excuses himself and walks out the room.

Chizu returns to her table dusting it and fixing herself. Well, that was interesting. She thinks.

The day ends and Chizu walks out from their school feeling uneasy all of a sudden so she walks cautiously on the street. Then out of the blue, someone grabs and drags her to what she thinks as an alley. She squirms from the grasp on her but it only tightens. The hand on her mouth isn't helping either. There's only one thing she has to do.

"What the—!" The guy, from what she's hearing right now, let go of her and Chizu attempts to escape but the guy caught hold of her collar. The nerve of this guy treating her like she isn't a woman.

"What do you want?" she asks, trying so hard not to raise her voice as to avoid any conflict. Maybe she can talk this situation out.

The guy spins her around so Chizu is facing him, right then she recognizes him. The guy from earlier with a bird. She blinks, the awkwardness creeping into her system. She can't explain why she's feeling awkward suddenly.

"Were you serious about throwing the bird away?" the guy asks and there's a hint of worry in his voice.

Chizu chews on her lips, "I... I didn't mean it that way." Then she pauses, why she is feeling guilty all of a sudden, she doesn't know. It's not like what had happened can be turned back and changed. "No. I mean it. I mean to throw that bird away. It's dying what's there left to do?"

The guy crosses his arms and looks at me. I look back because the way he's looking at her is like he's belittling her.

"I see. You have to compensate for what you did." The guy said.

"Compensate? I did nothing. Excuse me I'm going home." Chizu turns but the guy stops her. "What's your problem!" she yells.

The guy shrugs, "I was just saying you have to compensate over what you thought that time. Not because you did nothing out of it means you didn't think something about it."

Chizu rolls her eyes feeling so done with the whole thing that's happening right now. "You know what? I don't care."

"Students are already talking trash about you at school, didn't you notice?" The guy reasons out. He looks so desperate and Chizu can't tell why he is doing so.

"Like I said, I don't care." Chizu says and walks away. She is relieved that the guy didn't stop her anymore.