Chapter 1

03/13/19 A/N: Just so that all my lovely readers are aware, this story and the other posted stories in my Lady Adyé Series are going to be retired in the near future.

What does this mean?

It means I'm about to start the process of revisiting this series and revising and expanding the Three Main Stories - Lady Amalia, Lady Obscura, and Lady Adye. It means I'm looking into integrating parts of my companion one-shot collection, my Rogue One companion story, unpublished material and new material into the main stories. It's going to be the same story, just with more to explore and enjoy!

When is this going to happen?

I don't have a concrete answer for that one. I have a couple other stories I need to finish first, but I'm already starting to work on this project, working on which one-shots to integrate, areas I would like to expand, areas I need to clean up - all that fun stuff. But it is going to happen and, once it does and the New Versions go live, I'll be posting a notification to all the Retired Versions of the series (that I decide to leave posted) to let everyone know!

So if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear from you! There are a few areas I'd love to get some reader feedback on so if any of you are interested in chiming in, feel free to PM me!

Oh, and if you have any thoughts on specific one-shots from 'Their Lady Adye' (or any new ideas I may not have thought of/considered yet) that you think *must* make it into the main stories or *must* be left out, don't be afraid to let me know!

I'm always interested in outside perspectives. :)

Happy Reading, lovelies! Stay tuned!

And may the Force be with you!

02/16/20 Update: Still diligently working away, lovelies! It's certainly a process, but progress is being made.

On that note, I've been thinking a lot recently about titles and names and the like - specifically for my Lady Adye Series and, in particular, for 'Resistance Commander'.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I like themes when it comes to my series and titles. ;P I've also been thinking a lot about how, given her prominent position in the Resistance by the time tFA, it would make far more sense for Ana to go by an alias the same way Athara did post-Yavin/pre-Bespin for, well, much the same reasons.

So this is what I've come up with: Ana's going to adopt 'Tayana' (the frontrunner, though it may still change) as her name - taking her distant cousin's 'identity', perhaps? So she can still use Adye as a surname? - so she can still go by Ana among those she's close to and, given that it's an assumed name just like 'Obscura' or 'Amalia' it'll also serve as the title to Part III, leaving 'Lady Adye' as the name for the series as a whole. Seem reasonable? I certainly think so.

As always, any thoughts? I'd love to hear 'em!

***

I will post only a single disclaimer and it is this: I do not own Star Wars. I own only my O/Cs and my little plot tweaks. For the record, for this story I have counted only the Films as Canon (along with their corresponding Visual Dictionaries), pulling little bits of info and inspiration from EU and the TV series as I have seen fit.

This story is the first part of my Lady Adyé Trilogy 

Additionally, this story has also been posted on FanFiction.net and AO3 under the same title and penname.

***

The entire Capital was on edge and, for what felt like the millionth time, Neva couldn't help but wish she were back on Naboo. Far above Coruscant there was a battle ongoing; one that could very well decide the war. It had come out of nowhere. The Capital itself had been catapulted to the forefront of the war the instant the Chancellor was abducted.