~Chapter One~

*Okay everybody, if you're wondering how Honoria is pronounced, here it is (On-or-ee-a), but she'll often be referred to as Honor. *

In a hole in a ground there lived a Baggin's and a Took in the home of Bag-End. The half Elf, half Hobbit, was at the lake where her mother mysteriously drowned in years ago. She would not dare enter it, but usually came there to think. Honoria didn't get along with the other hobbits of the Shire. The little folk found her odd that she didn't relish in the tasks they did, she was a hobbit, but still found what they loved to be boring to her. The young woman had bigger dreams - to one time go further than the surroundings of the Shire and experience the world; something hobbits had no rush to do. They never thought what was beyond their homes, they were comfortable with the environs they were in.

The young woman tossed a few more rocks into the water and got up and headed up the trail that led to her home. She rounded the last corner and saw her cousin sitting on the bench in front of their home, smoking his pipe. "Honor, where have you been?" The hobbit questioned his cousin, withdrawing the pipe from his mouth.

"I-I was... around." Honor stuttered, avoiding the question. Bilbo raised an eyebrow at his cousin, perceiving she wasn't confessing the truth.

"Don't lie to me Honoria." Bilbo scolded, using her whole name. She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"I detest it when you call me by my full name. I was at the lake, okay." The half-breed groaned. Her older cousin acted more like a protective brother, rather than a cousin. The hobbit let out a deep disappointing sigh.

"You know I don't like it when your down there." Honor opened their little gate and walked into the yard and faced her cousin, who was still looking at her with discontent.

"You don't like a lot of things I do, but I do them anyhow." Honoria retorted firmly. Bilbo narrowed his eyes. His cousin always knew what to say to finish a discussion. The half-breed started walking up the steps to the door, when her cousin took a puff and exhaled the smoke, making him sneeze. The woman swung around to see an elderly man in a grey cloak, carrying a staff and had a giant pointy grey hat on his head. Bilbo looked up in curiosity.

"Good morning." Bilbo said stiffly.

"What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning. Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?" The weird old man suggested. Honoria let out a snicker at this absurdity.

"All of them at once, I suppose." The hobbit replied uncertainly, turning on the bench. The visitor looked slightly disapprovingly at Bilbo.

"Can we help you?" Honoria interrupted, looking at how bewildered by this her cousin was growing. The wizard shifted his gaze to the half-breed that was remaining on the first step.

"That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure." The old man stated. The pipe fell from the hobbit's mouth as he stared at the man in confusion. Honoria, on the other hand, had a sense of excitement jump inside her, at the sound of this.

"An adventure? No, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner, hm, mm." Bilbo informed the man, while going through his mailbox, and then started sifting through it, chortling to himself, wishing the wizard would go.

Honor had to concur on that with her cousin, no hobbit would ever agree going on an adventure. They enjoyed the comforts of their homes too much to leave it. Bilbo looked distressed when he saw the wizard was still standing there. Puffing his pipe in vexation, he heads back up the steps to his dwelling. "Good morning." The hobbit said once again. Honor shook her head, staring at the ground.

"To think I should have lived to be good morninged by Belladonna Took's son, as if I were selling buttons at the door." The wizard barked.

"Beg your pardon?" The hobbit said in confusion. Even the half-breed got puzzled by this remark.

"You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins and even you Honoria Took." The woman did not like being called by her full name by anyone.

"It's just Honor." She growled. The wizard said nothing until the hobbit interrupted him.

"So we know you?" The wizard stared at them both in frustration, for not recognizing who he was from their childhood.

"Well, you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf! And Gandalf means.... me," Hearing his name again, the young woman remembered something about him.

"Gandalf?.... not Gandalf, the wandering wizard who made such excellent fireworks! Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. Don't you remember Bilbo!" Honor exclaimed, glancing at her cousin who wasn't as thrilled as her. The wizard smiled, at-least one of them remembered him. "Ha, ha! Well hmm, didn't realize you were still in business." The wizard's grin fell at this suggestion.

"And where else should I be?" Gandalf snapped.

"Ha, Ha! Hm, hmm... don't mind my cousin, she sometime's says things without thinking." Bilbo stated. Thinking the last thing he needed was to make this wizard angry. He turned to see his cousin looking at him with her eyebrow cocked and frowning at him as he puffs confusedly on his pipe.

"Well, I'm pleased to find you remember something about me, even if it's only my fireworks. Well, that's decided. It will be very good for you, and most amusing for me. I shall inform the others." The wizard announced looking at the half-breed and then the hobbit.

"W-wait! What others?" Honor shouted when the wizard started leaving.

"You will find out soon enough." The wizard stated, not going into detail. Bilbo was not content with this at all.

"What? No. No. No! Wait. We do not want any adventures here, thank you. Not today, Not-mm. I suggest you try over the hill or across the water. Good morning." Bilbo snapped before going back into his home. "Honoria! Get inside now!"

The woman glanced at the wizard who said nothing. The half-breed walked through the door and Bilbo quickly latched the door and leans against it. "What are you doing?" Honoria questioned, looking at her cousin curiously.

"Shh" He urged. They both were silent and then heard the same strange noise coming from the other side of the door. Honor went over to peek out their window, only to find Gandalf's eye appear in front of her, making her jump back in panic, and she hid behind a wall. "Are you okay?" He asked her when he saw the look on her face.

"I don't think we've seen the last of him." She warned. The two cousins went over to the kitchen window and watch as the wizard sauntering away, down the trail and disappeared.