~Chapter Forty Seven~

Most of the dwarves had started heading down to the armory, only Dwalin, Bifur and Bombur had stayed behind. Honor was walking down the hall slowly beside the two brothers when they felt the floor under them tremble. "W-what was that?" Honor asked, looking at Kili.

"Oh that's just mister Dwalin, bifur, Oin and Bombur barricading the entrance." Fili informed and Honoria looked at the King. Thorin was imprisoning them in here, that way no one could leave and no one could get in.

"Miss Honoria, shouldn't you be getting some rest? You haven't been looking well these last couple of days." Kili pressed.

"I've told you both before, it's just Honor." She stated, with a smile.

"Were sorry Auntie, we are just concerned about you. Besides you don't really need to be down here; theirs no need for you to fight." Kili declared.

"What are you talking about? You really think I'm just going to stay here?" She questioned.

"Well...it's just uncle would never allow it. He cares about you, you know." Fili reminded. The elf just stood there and looked at them both. Part of her knew that was true but his sickness was clouding that, he barely speaks to her, if at all. He hadn't even come to check on her after he sent Oin to her. She was losing him. His only obsession was protecting his gold. The elf shook her head as she looked at the ground. She couldn't tell Thorin when he was like this. What if he didn't approve of it? She was after all not a dwarf.

"Honor? Are you alright?" Kili asked worriedly when she remained silent for the longest time.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. You two don't need to worry about me." She insisted.

"Fili! Kili!" Dwalin shouted. " Come give us a hand lads" The two brothers went to help the fearless warrior gather weapons. They had collected layers of dust and cobwebs from over the years. The elf wandered over and looked at the various weapons that dwarves used in battle. Honoria picked a particular sword out of the pile. The length of it was a bit shorter than the normal dwarven blade. It was the perfect length for her.

The young woman began swinging the blade in different ways. She still had it. With a quick turn, Honor swung her blade only to have it clash with another and her eyes widen. "What do you think your doing? War is no place for a woman. There is no need for you to be down her her Honor." Thorin stated, removing his blade from hers and she lowered her sword.

"I'm not staying in here, like a coward, while you're all out there Thorin." Honor snapped. The dwarf narrowed his brows and grabbed her sword out of her hand.

"I wasn't giving you a choice. Besides your clearly not at your strongest. You're sick." He stated harshly.

"Thorin! Why can't you see, their is no need for war! You gave your word that night in Lake-town. My cousin and I vouched for you!" Honor argued. Thorin's eyes flared up but remained calm.

"I owe nothing to the people of Lake-town. There here for the gold, just like your father." Thorin spat. " Now leave, or i'll escort you out of here myself." He threatened. The others were preoccupied at the other end of the room, sharpening weapons, trying on armor that they hadn't noticed the two of them. The elf and dwarf glared at each other for the longest time, before she finally left. She couldn't risk the wrath of Thorin, she had someone else to protect now.

The hobbit was just coming down the hall, when he saw his cousin storming passed him not even saying anything. "Honor? W--," Bilbo stuttered but she already disappeared around the corner. Bilbo continued down the hall a little further and stopped.

"Master Baggins, come here." Thorin shouted. Bilbo froze for a second, but then slowly walked towards Thorin who appeared to be holding something. The king walked towards him, he was wearing fully body armor. " You're going to need this. Put it on." Thorin said. Bilbo looked at the dwarf, a little worried, he wasn't made to fight wars. He removed his jacket. " This vest is made of silver steel. 'Mithril' it was called by my forebears. No blade can pierce it." Thorin explained as the hobbit put the shirt on. Surprised at how light it actually felt.

"I look absurd." Bilbo insisted, seeing the other dwarves starring at him. I'm not a warrior, I'm a hobbit."

"It is a gift." Thorin pressed. "A token of our friendship. True friends are hard to come by" The king grabbed the hobbit by the shoulder and pushed down the hall away from the others. " I have been blind but now I begin to see. I am betrayed."

"Betrayed?" Bilbo repeated through clenched teeth. Had he figured it out, that it was him that had the stone all along.

"The arkenstone." Thorin hissed. His face filled with desperation. " One of them has taken it. One of them is false." The dwarf accused.

"Thorin, the quest is fulfilled. You've won the mountain. Is that not enough?" Bilbo questioned, Thorin looked at him surprised by this, did he not hear what he had just said.

"Betrayed by my own kin." Thorin whispered.

"Now, uh, you--you made a promise to the people of Lake-town. Now, i-is this treasure truly worth more than your honor? Our honor, Thorin. I was also there. Honoria and I gave our word."

"For that, I am grateful." Thorin interrupted. " It was nobly done. But the treasure in this mountain does not belong to the people of Lake-town. This gold...is ours...And ours alone. By my life...I will not part with a s-single coin. Not...one piece of it." Thorin growled, the hobbit could fill the darkness that was consuming him. The two of them glared at one another, when the dwarves began to march pass them, ready for war that was soon to come tomorrow at dawn.

It was sometime in the night. Bilbo was at the gate. Bofur had just left to go wake Bombur up for him to take over watch for the rest of the night. Honoria was walking around, she couldn't sleep and saw her cousin. " Bilbo? What are you doing?" Honor asked as she approached him. The hobbit jumped and looked at his cousin. He had to tell her, he couldn't keep this from her any longer.

" Honor, I have to do this. It's the only way to stop this war from happening." Bilbo stated.

"What are you talking about?" She asked. The hobbit pulled something out of the inside of his coat and her eyes widen. Her cousin had found the arkenstone.

" Thorin values this stone more than anything. If the people of Lake-town return this in exchange for what they were promise. I think Thorin will accept." Bilbo proclaimed, hiding the arkenstone back in his coat.

"Bilbo, you can't do this. If Thorin finds out. He-he-he could hurt you or worse." Honor pleaded, looking around making sure Thorin wasn't around.

" It's the only way. If they do this. There will be no need for war." Bilbo pressed.

"Then I'm coming with you. We'll deliver the stone together." Honor insisted but the hobbit shook his head.

"No, I have to do this alone. If Thorin does finds out, and learns you were apart of it. I couldn't imagine what he would do to you. I can't put you in danger. I must go alone. I will return." Bilbo promised. The elf hugged her cousin tightly, tears fighting their way through, but she managed to keep them from coming out.

"Bilbo just be careful." She said. Bilbo nodded and with that tossed the rope over the wall and began climbing his way down. Honoria starred over the ledge watching her cousin, making hast down the path to Dale. The wind was beginning to pick up and she looked up in the sky when she felt something wet hit her face and saw it was snowing. She turned back in the direction her cousin was heading too and a single tear came out of both eyes, as she prayed her cousin's plan would work and Thorin would come around.

The woman wandered back to her and Thorin's room. She climbed onto the bed and laid on her side, trying to fall asleep, but she found it more difficult then ever without the person she loved next to her.