two

The next day, I woke up at around eight in the morning. I seriously couldn't help it, it was like wired into my brain or something to wake up around the hour of eight. I decided that I should take a run in human form to keep myself in shape. I was undergoing training to become a protector for my pack and the training was off for the summer, though I had to follow a strict fitness routine and diet.

Training for being a protector was hardcore and taken seriously. You had to be in the best mental and physical state; one slip and you could be putting the whole pack in danger.

Mac, Rob and Mark were undergoing training to become pack warriors while Ethan and I were going for Protectors. Ryker was the only guy who was going in as a healer. Being a warrior was a much easier job as all they had to do was help other packs during wars or fight in their own wars.

Being a protector was a nasty thing. You either had to take day shift or night shift and prance around, warding off demons, rogues and jack like that.

I slipped on my running shoes. I was wearing my favorite pair of black running shorts and a neon green tank.

I slipped out through the back door, which directly lead into the woods. After a couple minutes of stretching, I was satisfied and took off into the woods. Being a protector meant that you needed to be stealthy, fast, strong and silent at the same time. It was a tough thing, but I enjoyed it.

There was the sound of a twig snapping. I immediately skidded down to a halt and tried to slow down my heavy breathing. That definitely wasn't me. There was the sound of running feet and I immediately went on alert. I could see motion through the trees. My instinct snapped up and I lunged at the figure, pushing us both to the ground.

Instantly, the man turned us around, so I was on the ground with him pinning my hands above my head. He looked to be in mid-twenties and he was frowning hard. He was straddling my thighs while one hand was at my throat and the other pinning my hands down.

My heart was beating fast and my cheeks flushed with embarrassment when I realized I just attacked some random stranger without rhyme or reason.

This man was huge. His arms bulged with his muscles and his chest was well-built. He would easily tower over me. Apart from all that, I had to give it to him. He was incredibly hot. But of course, Astoria Jenkins never calls anyone hot.

I tried wiggling out of his grasp, but his grip on me only tightened.

"Fuck! Let go of me, you moron!" I yelled at him.

"Who the hell are you?" He growled at me.

"Right back at you!" I found that I could move my legs and kneed him in the back of his thigh. In my mind I was thinking that he would roll off me screeching in pain, but none of that happened. He just flinched and sat down entirely on my legs. "OW!"

"Answer me!"

"I'm Astoria Jenkins! I'm in this pack!" I yelled at him. My thighs were getting crushed under his weight and I just wanted him off of me.

His grip on me immediately loosened and he got off me. I groaned in relief. "Oh my god, you need a better diet plan. Tone down the weight a bit, yeah?" I sat up and massaged my thighs. He had a smirk on his face.

"It's all muscle, Hon."

I pushed myself up. "I thought you were a threat."

He grinned.

Shit. That smile.

"It's alright. I'm used to girls pouncing on me." He said.

My face flamed. "The fuck!"