five

It was a week later that shit went up and down.

I was gobbling up my breakfast in the kitchen when the rogue wolves charged into our backyard. There were three of them and they were pretty huge. My plate dropped to the floor as I charged out, shifting into my wolf, mid-way. My clothes ripped and fell in tatters on the porch.

The largest one was standing up front and the other two flanked his either sides. I noticed one was female. I bared my teeth at them and they growled at me.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Ethan standing on the second-floor balcony. He launched himself over the railings and landed on his four paws next to me. He growled threateningly at the three of them.

And then, the female wolf launched herself at me. I instantly turned sideways and shoved her with my shoulder; my training kicking in. She fell down on her side and I extended my claws out and placed them against her neck.

I growled menacingly. I decided against killing her and knocked her out with a head-butt. I noticed Ethan fighting off the third wolf and the leader was creeping up behind him. I launched myself at the gray wolf.

I pushed him over sideways and he scratched my midriff. I yelped in pain and in that distracted moment he turned us over. He had his sharp nails on my neck. It punctured my skin.

I looked up at him with wide eyes. He growled lowly at me and I snapped my teeth at his jaw. My canines scraped the region just below his jaw and blood dripped on my snout from the wound.

I growled angrily and scratched his chest. My nails had dug in a bit too deep and he fell to the ground in pain.

I found Ethan standing near me wearing a pair of basketball shorts. He was staring in the direction of the house. He had a long scratch on his cheek and his black Fohawk was in a mess. I turned on my paws to look at who he was staring. Tamara was standing there with a glazed look in her eyes as she stared at Ethan.

I trudged over to Ethan and nudged his shoulder with my snout. Ethan jumped out of his trance and looked at me. His face came over with concern.

"You okay?" He questioned. "Fuck, your stomach."

He held on to my neck and pulled me to the porch, where Mom was waiting with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Mac and Ryker dashed outside to pick up the rogues and take them to the pack house. I grabbed them with my teeth and changed behind a tree.

The pain in my abdomen amplified and I groaned. Mom instantly rushed to my side and yelled for Ethan, who picked me up.

Somewhere along the way, I think I passed out from the pain.

About what seemed like years later, I came to. I was lying on the living room sofa, with Layla sitting at me feet. As soon as I woke up, she came over to my side.

"Does it hurt?" she questioned.

I noticed that my midriff was tied up tightly in a bandage. I groaned, unable to say anything.

"It feels numb," I mumbled. I tried to sit up, but Layla pushed my shoulders back down. "Water," I muttered.

A moment Layla returned with a glass of water. She helped me sit up slightly and propped up a cushion under my back. I gulped down the water thirstily.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked, my voice was hoarse.

"In the kitchen," Layla bit her lip. "With Tamara."

"Kay," I bolted to my feet, ignoring the pain in my belly. With a hand pressed against my midriff, I treaded towards the kitchen. I barged in to find both of them sitting next to each other on the bar stools. They looked pretty serious.