Monty Green #1

"Hey babe," you walked into the tent that you shared with Monty. You heard Monty mumble from behind a pile of spare parts. You smiled and walked over to your boyfriend. He was crouched over his mobile work bench, with his features set into a scowl. He was intensely concentrated on what he was making.
You sat on the bed and watched him for awhile. It was easy to admire how easily he manipulated the metal in his hands. He worked in silence as you thought about how tough the past month had been. Despite reaching an impasse with the Grounders, there was alway work to be done. Between guard shifts and hunting trips, you and Monty didn't have a whole lot of free time together. But you two made it work. You loved each other to the end of all creation and enjoyed each other's presence. Your relationship with Monty was a quiet one; everyone knew you were together but you didn't flaunt it. You were content with hand holding and cuddling in bed after a long day. Monty was too. Every once in awhile, he'd give Bellamy small gifts that would then be given to you while you were guarding the wall. It was cute and so was he. And then there were the times that you would come back injured from a hunt and he'd glare at Bellamy. That same glare would only leave his face after Bellamy explained what had happened. A soft cough interrupted your thoughts. Monty laughed as you started.
"What were you thinking about?" He asked with a smile.
"How cute you are," you quipped. He shook his head and tried to hide his blush but you laughed and stood up. You walked the short distance to him.
"Monty I love you so much," you spoke as you wrapped your arms around him in a hug. Not wanting to let go of each other, you shuffled over to the bed; still in the other's embrace.
"Y/N, I love you too," he mumbled into your shoulder, "If I don't say this now, I never will. Will you marry me?" You pulled away from the hug to look him in the eyes.
"Yes Monty, God yes!" You laughed and kissed him. He kissed back, and neither of you wanted to cut the moment short. Therefore, nobody noticed Bellamy walk in.
"I'll go out on a limb here and assume she said yes Monty. Congratulations you two lovebirds," he smirked as you broke away from Monty. You laughed and turned to Bellamy while Monty blushed and looked at his feet.
"What did you need Bell?" You smiled.
"Just came to tell you it was your shift for the wall," he responded, "But I think Monty should give you that ring before you come." With that, Bellamy walked out of your tent.
"I should probably follow his advice," Monty finally spoke. He pulled a little metal ring out of his back pocket and slid it into your finger. You smiled as you noticed the beautiful flower preserved in the center.
"Thank you so much Monty! It's perfect and so are you," you kissed him, "I'll be back around midnight."
"Be careful please and I love you," he smiled.
"I love you too babe," you shouted over your shoulder as you walked out of the tent and towards the wall. XXX

XXX I know this is kinda long and it's choppy and sucks but I thought you guys would like something after not updating for eons. Thanks for the votes and views, it's greatly appreciated. Don't forget to message me with requests!!