One

*Isabella's POV*

"Isa, you have to eat something." My mother mumbled with pleading eyes, holding a spoon full of bright green jello to my lips. I shook my head gently, minding my stitches and bandages.

"Mi amour, please?" I mouthed 'no' and leaned back into my hospital bed that was littered with blankets, pillows, small dry erase markers, and a small white board that the nurses had given me to communicate since I couldn't speak. 'I'm not hungry.' I lied. I was starving but I couldn't bring myself to eat. "If you don't eat, you're going to make yourself sick." she pushed a loose lock of hair behind my ear and sighed.

Her cheeks flushed and she pursed her lips. "My poor baby." she wailed with a shaky breath. She pulled me into her arms. That was the safest I had felt in a while. I reveled in the feeling and nuzzled my head into her chest.

"Knock knock." In walked Maleah, my nurse. Over the past 2 days, we became the best of friends. She'd visit me on her breaks, braid my hair, and tell me all sorts of stories about her life and her job. She was amazing and not to mention beautiful, inside and out. Maleah had long blonde hair, lightly tanned skin, and glittering, ocean blue eyes that seemed to just glow. She was from Tennessee so she had one of those sweet Southern Belle accents and it fit her.

"How are you feeling pumpkin?" she smiled, showing off a smile as brilliant as she was. I wrote 'good' in big pink letters on my board and returned the smile. "That's great. Let me check your blood pressure real quick." she wrapped the Velcro band around my arm and tapped my nose with her finger.

"Hi Mrs. Ortega, how are you doing?" Maleah asked, scribbling down my vitals and taking the band off. "I'm good. Just tired and a little emotional." she chuckled, wiping her cheeks with her sleeve. "Vitals look great, and patient looks as beautiful as ever." she nicked me under the chin with her index finger.

"Any luck getting her to eat today?" my mom shook her head with a sad smile. "Ooo, that's not good. Pumpkin, if you don't eat, Doctor Garrison is going to have to tube you. You have to eat, sweetie. That's the only way you're going to get better." Maleah crouched by my bed and gave my hand a squeeze.

"You're severely underweight and its putting stress on your heart." I nodded, placing hand over my chest. 'Okay.' I mouthed. "Come on, if you eat your jello and drink your juice, I'll come by when my shift ends and paint your nails."

Maleah handed me the cup and spoon with a sweet, genuine smile. I took it from her hands and ate every bite. "Woah, slow down there. I'm happy you're eating but take it slow." She giggled, handing me the small, untouched carton of juice that was sitting on the stand beside my bed. I drank it slowly, careful to not hurt my healing throat, but I eventually finished it off. My mom leaned forward on my bed, and held my hand tightly.

In this moment, I felt loved and cared for and wanted. It felt foreign considering I had felt everything but for the past 5 months. I couldn't help but cry. 'I missed you, madré.' she kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly and Maleah wiped a few stray tears from her cheeks with the back of her hand.

"I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through, pumpkin. I'm so happy that you got away and that Craig found you when he did. I'm glad that he brought you here and that I had the opportunity to meet such a brave, strong, beautiful young lady like you." she hugged my mom and I and left to check on her next patient.

'I love her.' I wrote on my board. Mom read it and smiled. "She loves you too, mi amour."

Meanwhile...

*his POV*

I threw my shot glass against the wall and pulled at my hair. 'She got away. That little bitch got away.' I growled and punched the wall, knocking a hole in the dry wall the size of a soccer ball. 'I'll find you. You can bet on that. I will get you, no matter what.'

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I was discharged from the hospital early this morning! I'm so happy to be home. In celebration, here's an update c: I love you guys so much! Don't forget to like, comment, and follow me. - Raine