Chapter Two

I could hear it. *Beep. Beep. Beep.* The steady sound of... a heart monitor? Then it became erotic. Suddenly there were tons of voices. And I could hear crying. I felt like I was crying, but it was someone else who I heard.

 "No!" I woke screaming, The beeping having been my alarm clock. I quickly got out of bed, stepping over a confused Taylor and shut myself in my  bathroom. I came out already dressed in my uniform, but had other clothes in my bookbag.
"Taylor?" I nudged her. "Mmm" she groaned, turning over. I laughed.
"School come on get up." I said. "I don't wanna." she pouted.
"I'll get the ice." I threatened and she was standing up in a moment.
"You suck so much." She sighed. She staggered out of the room, and I laughed lightly. I picked my phone up, shoving it in my pocket, neglecting to check it.
"We're gone be late come on!" I shouted running downstairs and to the kitchen. I snatched my bag of the ground and went outside to start unlocking our bikes. Taylor came leaping out the door, toast in hand, and ran towards me. We got up on our bikes and peddled as fast as we could down the driveway. I almost wiped out turning as always but didn't. We raced down the street getting to school just in time, locking up our bikes, and running through the doors.
"See you later!" I called going off to my classroom.

"Miss Jones, if you're done doodling, class is gong on." My French teacher said annoyed, and I closed my notebook.
"Désolé Professeur." I said paying more attention. A few minutes later the bell rang and I rushed to the restroom to change. I checked my phone at the same time to find three new messages.

Ash: Morning Emily! I'll meet you after you're done with school. See you soon!

Loser: got a detention, have to make up a test, see you at home.

Ash: forgot to tell you earlier to dress casual. Sorry.

I laugh at Taylor's text then hurry and finish changing. I stick my head out the door, and keep my head down, running out of the school before a teacher saw me. I got to the parking lot and looked around.  

"Idiot." I laugh, staring right at the tour bus surrounded in the lot.

Me: well done

Ash: 😁

Me: lol hold on.

I started walking over, and every single person near it was screaming. The bus was against a wire fence, so I squeezed between the side and the fence, until I got to the door. I knocked on the door, keeping  from getting hit by girls throwing things.
"No fans on the bus!" I heard Luke shout from inside. I ducked, screaming, as something big was thrown at me.
"Dammit Luke, let me in!" I yelled to him. The door opened some and I was pulled in quickly.
"I swear." I say brushing myself off.
"You alright?" Ashton asks walking to the front.
"I am now that this one let me in." I say, giving Luke a slight glare.
"I think someone through a rock or something at me! These fans are crazy!" I say with a short laugh.
"Damn." Calum chuckled lightly from the back. I looked around briefly.
"Where's Michael?" I asked, curious.
"Said something about chilling with Taylor?" Luke shrugged.
"That little liar!" I giggled.
"What?" Calum asked, now coming up to the front of the bus with the rest of us.
"She told me she got detention." I said nonchalantly. The others laughed a bit too. I flopped onto the couch, and opened up my bag. I pulled out a ham sandwich, unwrapped it, and munch away. I look up, and all three are looking at me expectantly.
"We are on a tour bus. How do you not have food?" I asked.
"We kinda ate it all." Luke said sheepishly.
"How the hell?" I exclaimed slightly annoyed.
"How do you eat all the food on your tour bus and still be hungry?" I asked, then realized my perception was probably skewed. I held out the brown bag with the rest of my uneaten lunch.
"Did you eat?" Ashton asked concerned, as Luke was taking a bite out of the large cookie, the rest spilled out on the table. I merely shrugged at him, and looked at the lunch mum packed me this morning before she went to work. There was another sandwich, an apple, yogurt, strawberries, a juice box, and small container with salad.
"I don't typically eat lunch, it's fine." I say reassuring him. I did however snag the salad from the table and ate that since the sandwich wasn't quite enough. Ashton looked at me skeptically.
"Look, I'm not going to eat it. If you're hungry, help yourself." I said nodding to the food. Ashton reluctantly took from the table and pretty soon it was gone.
"So what did you have planned Ash?" I asked looking up at him.
"Oh yea! Come on!" he said walking to the door. He tossed me a pair of sunglasses and a dark hoodie. I gave him a questing look, then caught on to the idea of photographers. I put the items on, and followed him off the bus.