Chapter 15- I've watched too many episodes of the bachelor with your mom

A L E C  J E N K I N S ;)

"Audrey, I may be a complete idiot, but I do know one thing. I hurt you. And that's not okay with me because I know what you're going through and I want to help but what I did was wrong and I can't accept what I did without finding a way to fix it." Audrey stands in front of me, her hand over her mouth. I hold out the rose I'm holding. She doesn't say anything, just takes that single rose, and looks down at it.

"Alec..." Her voice trails off.

"God dammit, I've watched too many episodes of the bachelor with your mom, this is starting to get cheesy."

"Alec, stop."

"What?"

"I'll forgive you, but only if you can forgive me. I feel awful for what I did."

"Audrey, you don't need to feel awful, it's not your fault. I promise." Audrey sets the rose down on her bed and steps closer to me. 

"Alec, I love you. I really do." She says, placing her hand on my cheek.

I take her hand and hold it in mine and kiss her softly. It doesn't take her long to kiss me back. My hands rest on her hips and she wraps her hands around my neck.

The kiss is short and sweet but it feels right.

"You know what? We should do something tonight. Hey, I heard Jared's having a party tonight. We should go." I sense tension in Audrey's eyes but I pretend like I don't notice.

"I'm not really feeling it tonight, you know?" She responds, "with everything that's happened today-"

"It would be good to get your mind off of it. Come on."

"No, I mean I think I just want to stay inside tonight."

"What are you hiding, Audrey?" I ask her, bringing up the fact that she had a troubling look on her face.

"Nothing."

"I know you, Audrey, something's up. What is it?"

"Nothing, let's just go to this damn party and get it over with."

So Audrey and I get dressed and walk down to Jared's house. He lives a questionable distance away, enough so that you can't hear the blasting music from Audrey's house. We walk in awkwardly, our noses instantly being greeting by the strong stench of weed and sweat.

"This party is an infinite regret."

"You haven't even done anything yet, come on. I'll grab something to drink and meet you outside, yeah?" She nods and I head off to grab some drinks.

I soon meet up with Dylan, Luke's brother and we begin chatting, but I know I can't be too long because Audrey is waiting for me. I pour the drinks and head to find Audrey in the backyard.

~*~*~

A U D R E Y  B A R R

I sit down on a nearby bench and wait for Alec to come back.

"Hey Audrey!" An all too familiar voice calls out and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Hi Savannah."

"So I heard you and Alec are dating now."

"Yeah, so?"

"So how much are you paying him?"

"I don't pay him. Alec actually likes me for me."

"Why? You really have nothing going for you. You're really ugly, you're fat as a cow, you're-"