Prologue

People change and so does someone's feelings. That emptiness, that coldness, that lost feeling, the abandonment... All these negative feelings, all the sorrows and all the doubt that was planted... Seeing them drift apart from their once strong bonds, seeing them seek for power isn't something I would want to experience yet I did. I saw it through my own eyes, experienced it in fact. The once happy family that I loved was gone. All the happy memories, all the precious moments that they smiled during we played, it all vanished when all of them developed strong abilities.

Hurt... That was what I felt. I was too naïve and even as I expected it, I never thought that it would hurt me greatly. I know what they are capable of since I am close to them. Soon, it was too soon to happen but fate decides to screw up our lives. All eight of our entwined lives. They couldn't see it, they shouldn't see the hurt and the inner turmoil of emotions in me. I refused to give them that.

Each day, they became stronger until they tapped their potentials and grew even stronger, losing their former selves into a deep and dark abyss, leading the team to a hundred wins... and they didn't like the idea of teamwork anymore, so they abandoned it and cultivated their abilities and just like that, our bond was ruined.

I wasn't the girl who smiled and had fun like before. I wasn't the happy-go-lucky girl that I was raised to be. Problems and situations like this had changed my personality. My home life wasn't that great and my own father left me alone as he "married" his work. It was no secret for I am a daughter and heir of a well-known company. I was now a shell of that person, a cold and reserved person.

They call me the Empress. The Strategist Empress. The only one who controls the company with an unusual way. The one known to many as the ultimate analyst and the only one who can defeat them. Many fear my potentials which is why I put the Empress in a deep slumber within me. Never going to far from the line that I limit myself.

That separation also changed me, for better or for worse, I wasn't that shogi-loving girl back in my middle school days... No... I was far from that person... I was reborn to defeat my former teammates and show them the true meaning of teamwork and that it is worth all the hardships a team faces and how the bond will strengthen the trust in each other.

And then one day, they will finally understand the happiness that comes with victory when one wins with the team and not just one's self...

Then my eyes opened and in front of me, is a new beginning... a new start and a new goal to achieve. A smile appeared my face before stepping on to a new life...

______________________________________

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Kuroko No Basket. I only own the Plot and the OC.

This is a work of fiction. All of the characters, organizations, events portrayed in this story is used fictitiously or products of the author's imaginations.

The Strategist Empress. Copyright © 2016 by Cordelia Michaelis. All rights reserved.