0~Prologue

I stared at the beautiful white gown at my feet. I hated it, I hated the color, the style, everything. No, that wasn't true, I loved everything about it. So why was I so damn furious?

"They'd love you in it." Davina muttered softly. "Are you sure you can do this? Elijah will understand."

"I have to do this. It's just..." Tears pooled in my eyes. "It's all my fault they can't be here..."

"What's the hold up?" Rebekah asked. "Libby, dear, don't tell me you have cold feet?"

I paced the floor, unable to think straight. Even with the amount of blood I'd had today, I couldn't do it. I couldn't function.

In a fit of pure rage, I ripped the lovely dress in two. Then, I sobbed into it.

He could sense my pain, I knew he could. They both could, that's why they were here, now. Aunt Cami was here, too. Everyone was.

"My love, what's the matter?" Elijah breathed, pulling me into his arms.

I wanted to punch his beautiful, sculpted face and then kiss him. My emotions were so off balance, and I couldn't understand why.

But then, I could. Kayla and Elena, two of my best friends, were dead. At my hand.

"She was my platonic fucking soulmate. She was every-fucking-thing to me and I killed her without fucking hesitation!" I yelled. "A-And Elena took care of me! She loved me! She was like my fucking sister!"

"Libby...." Elijah murmured.

It was my wedding day, and Stefan and Damon, past lovers to Elena, weren't coming. Nor were Bonnie and Caroline, her best friends.

Not only, Jesse was gone, and no one could find Chase. My other two best friends were gone. I felt so alone here.

I looked up at Elijah, who had pain written on his face. He tucked a piece of my blue hair, now with strips of purple in it, behind my ear. He's only trying to make me feel better, to calm me down.

"Turn it off..." Klaus said from behind Elijah. He was referring to my emotions, which was absurd. The last time I did that, I ended up killing one of my best friends and dying myself.

"That's probably the last thing she wants right now, Nik. Think for once." Rebekah hissed.

"She's upset about her friends!" Nik said defensively.

"It isn't just them..." Camille said from the side of me. "She lost her family, that's why you met her in Mystic Falls.  Its.. a long story."

"I can't do this... I'm sorry.." I whispered to Elijah. I whipped away using my terrific vampire speed. I didn't want to be near them, not now. I needed to be alone.

~Jesse's P.O.V.~

I walked along the road, blood dripping from a gaping wound in my gut. It wasn't healing, for whatever reason. Neither one of my supernatural sides were healing it.

I dropped to my knees and held the wound. Why wasn't it fucking healing?! I'm a hybrid for fuck sakes!

I couldn't even see what attacked me. I saw a blur of brown, and eyes as black as the night. Those eyes... If I lived, I'd never forget them.

I looked up, sensing the sweet rush of blood. I saw a beautiful girl with caramel skin and black, short cropped hair. Her eyes.... They were as black ad the night.

"Kayla?" I choked, before I let darkness take me over.

~Damon's P.O.V.~

Stefan had wanted to go to Elijah and Libby's wedding, he really did. Though, the thought of Elena missing from our group was enough to keep him home.

I obviously didn't go. Why would I go? All the two ever did was cause me trouble. After all, the bitch killed Elena.

I sensed a presence, this one human, or at the very least, not a Vampire. I could sense their blood rush through their veins, being pumped by a strong heart.

My ice blue eyes locked onto theirs, and I nearly choked. Standing, right in front of me, was the love of my life.

"Elena?" I called.

The only difference, the one that made me question if this was really my Elena or not, was her eyes.

They were as black as my soul, if I had one.