1~Back from the Dead

"I'm so sorry...." Bonnie stood next to me, her face full of sorrow. As she was the anchor, she could feel supernatural beings dying.

And she felt Jesse dying.

She had felt it worse than any other death before. It had nearly knocked her unconscious.

"What could have killed him so painfully?" Elijah asked. He had a firm grip on my waist.

"I don't know... But... Something, someone, has left the other side..." She said.

"Like who?" Klaus asked. I could tell he was worried that it would be Mikael or Esther.

Bonnie shook her head. "That's just it, I don't know. I have no clue."

I was frozen in my spot. Could he really be dead? After everything? He was a hybrid... He was strong and fast. How could he have fallen like this?

I felt an anger so unbelievably powerful shake through me straight down to my core. Whoever killed him would die the most painful death I could muster. I would torture their very soul.

"I'm going to find whoever did this and break them into a million fucking pieces. I'm going to shatter their soul and destroy everything they have ever fucking loved." I hissed. Grey veins formed under my eyes; my blue eyes turned a deep shade of red.

"Love, calm down, it'll be alright." Elijah said. He wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep me calm.

"I bet it's Mikael again." Klaus said. His tone of voice was angry but his facial expression was full of worry.

"Niklaus, please! For once in your life, think about someone else! Libby's friend is dead, Nik!" Rebekah said in a scolding manner to her brother.

I stared at the ground below my feet. I couldn't fucking believe it. Jesse was gone. He was dead and he wasn't fucking coming back.

"Libby, wait, though... He tried telling me something.. He passed before he could finish, like something forced him to touch me. But... I got out 'Kay'. Any ideas?" Bonnie asked.

"K as in the letter, K as in K-A, or K as in-" Cami began.

"Kayla." I choked. "The first three letters of her name spell out Kay. And the first letter of her name is obviously a K. Who else would kill him? She just barely ever tolerated him. For me."

"Why is she back from the other side? To get revenge? Jesse didn't hurt her, you did." Bonnie questioned.

"He is my childhood best friend. What other way to hurt me but kill the only remaining things from my past? Which means now she's after Chase. He's all alone. He's... He's defenseless... She's... Oh.. God..." I felt sick, ridiculously sick. I felt panicked and anxious and as if the world was spinning and wouldn't ever stop. I was on a fucked up carousel and couldn't escape it.

"Libby?" Elijah steadied me, holding me to him. "What's wrong?"

"I'll go find him, I promise." Rebekah said. I felt a cool rush of wind and she was gone.

"Bonnie!" Someone yelled. I remembered that deep, sexy voice. It was Damon.

"Damon? What's going on?" Bonnie asked.

"What are they doing here?" Damon asked as he stopped in his tracks. His eyes turned red and the ash-colored veins formed under them.

"Jesse's dead and we think Kayla has come back from the other side." Klaus said. He obviously didn't want to deal with a Salvatore.

"Elena is, too. She's not a Vampire, though, she's something else. Her eyes were as dark as my soul. Bonnie... What's going on?" Damon asked. His face softened and he looked only at her.

Bonnie shook her head. "I honestly don't know. I wish I did."

I looked to Elijah. "I have to find them, Elijah. It's all my fault and I have to find them. It's me they want. I have no clue who they'll hurt or kill in the process to get to me." I said softly. I moved from his grip, knowing he'd try and hold me to him.

"Libby, love, please." Elijah said.

"You don't have to do this alone, Libby. You're a Mikaelson now." Klaus said to me.

"I'll go with her." Damon said as he stood next to me. "I won't hurt her, but I can't promise someone else won't."

"You keep her safe!" Elijah said in a hiss.

Damon held his hands up in surrender. "I'll do what I can."

I nodded at Damon, then looked back at Elijah and Klaus. I gave each of them a hug and kisses Elijah. "Alright, I'll see you later."

"Be safe." Elijah whispered.

"You, too." I said softly. But I had to do this. I had to find Elena and Kayla and stop them. They had the power to kill anyone I loved. I couldn't lose anyone else. I wouldn't.