07 | a day with harry potter

A/N: yay we get to see drarry development in this chapter you're welcome guys

--

Harry was sick.

He wasn't dying. It was simply the common cold (it really wasn't even that bad), but he had taken the liberty of taking the day off, wanting to spend another day with Draco.

The day was as perfect as they could've asked for; they both woke up at 11 o'clock in the morning to find the sun, smiling brightly and shining down across the land, and the clouds lazily sashaying across the wide expanse of endless, too blue sky. Distinctly they could hear birds chirping: breaking into song, but most of what could be heard was their own breathing, and the rustle of grass beneath their feet. A gratifying silence fell around their home, one that enabled them to be able to just enjoy being together.

Harry walked outside, with Draco trailing behind him, to his backyard, which had been remodeled after the war. A water slide and a swing adorned the patches of grass, and a fence outlooked the hills. Harry found the grass near the fence to be the best place for watching stars.

Draco spun around slowly, taking in his surroundings, a tiny smile starting to form on his lips. As Harry watched him, he noticed a smile starting to form on his as well, and realized Draco really had changed.

"Like what you see?" Draco smirked, playful humor in his words.

Harry rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You have something on your cheek," he lied.

Draco's hand went to his face, his brows furrowed (adorably, Harry thought). He felt around his cheek.

Harry grinned, lifting his hand. Draco stopped moving, thinking that Harry would wipe whatever it was away.

Instead, Harry slapped Draco's cheek.

The blonde stood, lips parted, shocked for a second before punching Harry in the arm. "You absolute arse, I thought there was actually something gross on my face!"

"Whoops," Harry mocked.

"You probably should shut up before I throw food in your face," Draco rolled his eyes, drifting over to the small table of food on the grass.

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Harry laughed, following him.

"Well, yeah, it's supposed to make you shut up," Draco replied, popping a grape into his mouth.

Harry answered by throwing salad in Draco's face. The blonde's mouth snapped open, and before Draco could retaliate, Harry danced out of his reach.

Harry laughed as Draco chased him around the grass. The blonde shook his head with a smirk when Harry turned around to laugh at him.

They continued their game of tag, but eventually Harry slowed down. Draco yelped as Harry stopped abruptly, and the two crashed down together, a crumpled heap on the grass.

"Ow..." Draco whimpered.

"Shut up, you crashed into me!" Harry groaned in pain.

"Well, you were the one who stopped!"

"Yeah, but I didn't think you were gonna headbutt my back!" Harry whined, his hand massaging his lower back.