12 | the date

"So," Harry said quietly. "How exactly do we start this off?"

"Did you think about it?"

Harry started, looking Draco in the eye for the first time in a week or so. "Think about..."

"The whole... gay thing," Draco finished tentatively.

Harry watched Draco's nervous hands tremble, and he resisted the urge to enclose them with his. "I... yeah, I--I did, did... um, did you?" Harry's voice shook, and he cleared his throat.

"Yeah," Draco breathed. He still avoided Harry's gaze. Harry wanted to force him to look at him; he didn't want it to be awkward.

"So do you want to go first, or should I...?" Harry asked. He eyed the distance between them on the couch, wanting, but at the same time, not wanting to close it.

"You go," Draco said. Harry coughed.

"Well, I think that if I were... um... straight, I would not feel what I'm feeling right now. So, I had never thought about it, but there is, evidently, a possibility that I am..." Draco looked up at him when Harry did not finish, and nodded.

"What about you?" Harry asked.

"Same as you," Draco replied. "I mean, I don't think that I am... or,... I think I might be... both?"

A laugh escaped Harry before he could stop it, and Draco quirked his eyebrows at him. "Sorry," Harry smiled, covering his mouth with the back of his hand. "Serious matter. Sorry."

Draco shook his head with a faint smile of his own. "I should've laughed at your answer, too."

"Just trying to lighten the mood. I don't like it when we're awkward," Harry admitted.

"Me neither," Draco agreed.

"I think," Harry said, finally closing the distance between them. "that we would know our feelings better if we hung out more."

Draco stayed very still. "Like... like a... date?"

"Exactly like that," Harry said softly. He could not tell if Draco agreed with him or not, but he continued anyway. "Today good for you?"

Draco laughed lightly. "Trust, Harry, every day's good for me."

--

"Wow," Harry laughed, shaking powder off his shoulders. "You really are not good at any life skills whatsoever."

Draco sputtered and coughed, the white dust settling to the floor. His hands held the bag of flour he had opened.

"It exploded," Draco said, and Harry shook his head, taking the bag from him carefully.

"Get the cake batter," Harry said. "And open it with scissors."

Draco rolled his eyes, but obeyed, watching Harry roll his sleeves up to pour the flour inside the bowl.

He handed the cake batter to Harry, letting him take care of it.

"Okay, Draco," Harry said. "Crack this egg, and pull it apart, then let it fall into the bowl. Like this," he demonstrated it effortlessly, then turned to the blonde and handed him an egg.

Draco raised his eyebrows, steadying the bowl and holding the egg over it. He tapped it against the side of the bowl lightly, and glanced sideways at Harry, who seemed to be holding back his laughter.

"A little harder, Draco," (a/n: wow i just set myself  up for comments so i'm gonna comment on it before you guys can hA THAT'S WHAT YOU'LL BE SAYING LATER TONIGHT lol jk no smut atm here, move on) Harry told him.