14 | andrea

There was a bang that echoed around the hall, bouncing off the tasteless walls. Inigo continued forward, trying not to think about the workers who walked by, hollow eyes, all staring straight ahead, not turning to see the world. He gripped the bouquet of flowers tighter behind his back, hoping that perhaps this time, her eyes would not be blank.

"Good morning," a nurse passing by him said. Her voice flowed like silk and there were laugh lines around her eyes. "You coming to see Andrea again today?"

"Yes," Inigo answered, his voice quavering just the slightest bit.

The nurse smiled at him, but it was a pity smile, and when she spoke, her voice was sympathetic. "Good luck," she said softly. Inigo could barely stand it.

He muttered a quick thank you, and before he knew it, he was in front of the door, and he closed his eyes.

Voices floated out from behind the door, and Inigo took a deep breath.

Please, he thought. Behind his back, the flowers were tight inside his fist.

Slowly, surely, he opened the door and walked in.

She was beautiful: as usual. Her ethereality stunned him nearly every time he visited, but he could still feel the pain everywhere.

When she looked up, her smile faltered, and she blinked twice.

Inigo wanted to say something, but he could not think of the words. The nurse set a gentle hand on Andrea's forearm, then left the room, closing the door softly behind her.

"Hi," Andrea said, and her voice was tight. She was propped up by what seemed like a million pillows. She refused to meet his eyes, and Inigo flashed back to when he used to be able to look into her eyes and see the happiness and love reflected in his own.

"Hello," Inigo replied, and he tried not to go and pull her into a tight hug. "How are you feeling?"

"It's bright outside today," she muttered faintly.

"Sure is," Inigo said.

"The sun hasn't been out this much in a long time."

Inigo's hand behind his back gripped even tighter somehow.

"Not lately, no."

"Why do you think that is?" she asked, and she finally lifted her gaze to his. Inigo's heart did a backflip, then continued on cartwheeling in his chest until it felt like it was going to break out. "Do you think the world has been sad lately?"

"Maybe," Inigo whispered. He was so broken.

"Why do you think that is?"

Inigo felt the tears begin to well up, but urged himself not to cry. Not here. "Maybe," he responded. "The world has been running low on love."

"Do you think love exists?"

She sounded so sure she disagreed. There was a sparkle in her eye, but it wasn't like before. It was fading; it was a sort of ignorant glow. Inigo wanted to scream at the world, for making her this way. He wanted to yell at everything for extinguishing her beautiful flame.

"I do," he said. He needed to get out of there. "You used to, too."

He turned on his heel without saying goodbye, and slammed the door behind him, not even caring that she was probably so frightened right now. He took long strides to get out, and blinked the remains of his tears out of his eyes, and when he made it outside, he screamed once in frustration, and hurled the bouquet of flowers towards the wall.

They collapsed, falling at his feet in a ruined cluster of pink and green. He took a shaky breath before putting his head in his hands, vowing to himself once more that he would get revenge.

--

Draco signed his name on yet another sketch, and he looked over it, the shading and the outline. This was one he was particularly proud of: a heart in a hand.

He felt some sort of connection to it, and he hoped that the hand wouldn't drop his heart.

It'd been a long time since he could trust someone so much as to give them his heart.

He thought for a while, then turned the paper over.

There were so many things he wanted to say, but he started simple.

Dear Harry...

--

a/n: one of the shortest chapters ever lol sorry

it was so fun to write from inigo's mind/pov thingy. i had been really used to writing with draco or harry's personality, but writing something different was really cool.

the short draco excerpt at the end is not important as of right now.

but i hope you liked this chapter; it was mainly just me experimenting with what kind of person i want inigo to be. i think i finally have his character down.

anyway; thank you for nearly 19k!! that means so muchhhh you guys are awesome and i'm so happy you like this story lol.

there's really no news for me right now...

until next time x,

ren