Part 2

(The moment you've all been waiting for!! Here's the next part. Also I've added more ships that I personally love)

Sonic and the other trainees stood side by side, as Mephiles stood in front of the last trainee.
His sword in his hand as he spoke "kneel" Sonic saw no emotion in Mephiles's eyes as he knelt down. The lead knight continued to speak "to you swear to stand by your fellow knights and protect this village and the people in it, even at the coast of your own life?"
"I will" Sonic answered nervousness filled him. Mephiles unsheathed his sword and tapped his right shoulder.
"Rise, Sir Sonic" Mephiles said. Sonic stood and faced Mephiles as Coal handed the leader Sonic's new sword. Sonic saw the Coal was all fixed up and cleaned but, still wore his apron. "Your new sword, wield it well" Mephiles said and Sonic smiled as he grabbed it. Sonic stepped back and stood beside his friends and the newly named Knights. The towns people and there old mentors watched from arena. Sonic's eye fell on Shadow, he was smiling with Midnight siting beside him. Sonic gave him a small smile and then looked at his friends, they too had smiles on there faces.
Mephiles spoke again "while we sleep you six will patrol the village and keep a watch and the sections your assigned" the new Knights nodded as Mephiles stepped back. The towns people cheered and the Knights smiled. As the ceremony ended the new Knights ran to there old mentors.
"You did well Sonic" Shadow said as Sonic gently pick up the small black pup beside him.
Sonic smiled "thanks Shadow" Sonic turned to hear Tails call him.
The ebony hedgehog grabbed Midnight and spoke "go to Tails" Sonic felt Shadow kiss his cheek before he ran off with a smile.
The cobalt hedgehog stopped next to his friends and they made there way to the stables. The sun was staring to set as Sonic walked to see Black Storm and in the stall next to her Night Star lay there asleep. Since he was old enough to not have to rely on his mother now.
"Hey girl" Sonic said as she look up from her oats. She neighed and nudged Sonic's hand. Sonic smiled as he grabbed her saddle and brindle and put them on her. "We're only going on a patrol tonight so there's no running" Black storm snorted angrily but, allowed Sonic to mount her. The new Knights will borrow the old mentors horses until there foals are old enough to be able to ride on them. Sonic rode out of the stables and met up with the new Knights.
Rouge came up to the new Knights "you'll be separated into three groups and will patrol your area you are assigned to, Bolt, Luster you two will be patrolling the fields in front of the village. Lili, Fang you'll be patrolling area around the castle. Tails, Sonic you'll be patrolling the forest near the horse fields." The new Knights nodded as they turned towards the direction there area was. Tails and Sonic ride side by side as the made there way to the forest. There horses trotted until they reach the paths, the riders slowed them to a walk as they walked onto the path. This was there first patrol without there mentors. The light of the full moon lit up the forest as the two kept look out for intruders. The moon was high in the sky when something happened. Sonic felt Black Storm halt and Whirlwind do the same, she reared as an arrow flew past the place were Sonic's head was. Sonic fell of Black Storm with a oof. Tails raised his bow and arrow trying to find the shooter but, it was too late. The two tailed fox got off Whirlwind and kneeled beside Sonic as he rubbed his head.
"Are you alright?" Tails asked as he helped sonic up. Sonic nodded as he looked at the arrow, it was stuck in a tree and Sonic saw a note attached to it. Tails reached it before his blue companion and read it. Sonic saw shock on the yellow fox's face and he stepped forward.
"We have to show this to Mephiles" Tails said as he handed it to Sonic.

Chaos Knights,
Give me what I want or battles will come, all of them will be worse then the last. This is your last warning.
E

Sonic eyes widened "I'm not sure but, is this arrow meant to kill me?" He looked up to see the great worry in Tails's eyes. "How did the shooter know we where hear?"
"It might have been the spy" Tails thought aloud.
Sonic looked confused "did Shadow tell you about the spy?"
"Come on, let's get this to the senior Knights" Tails said "and no Shadow didn't tell us Mephiles did because he said he too saw the bird"
"Aren't we supposed to stay?" Sonic asked as they walked back to the horses.
Tails sighed "I don't know but, we have to give this to them"
Sonic nodded and added "let's bring this to Shadow first" Tails nodded as the they got back on the horses and made there way back to the village. When they reached Shadow's house the azure hedgehog knocked on the door. After a few moments a sleepy black hedgehog opened the door and his eyes grew wide when he saw Sonic and Tails.
"You guys aren't supposed to be back this early, unless" he saw the note in Tails's hand "something happened" Shadow motioned them inside, Sonic sat beside Shadow and snuggled close to his side while, Tails sat I front of the Black knight. (No not Batman XD)
Shadow spoke "what happened?"
"We were on patrol when this was shot at us" Tails said handing Shadow the note "missing Sonic by inches, if Black Storm didn't rear Sonic wouldn't be here right now" Midnight lay at Shadow's feet. Shadow's eyes grew even wider as he took the note and read it over.
He narrowed his eyes and silently snarled "come on, we got to show this to the others" Sonic and Tails nodded. The three Knights walked out of Shadow's house to see Bolt and Luster in front of Mephiles. Sonic raced to the two hedgehogs and he saw Mephiles reading another note.
Bolt turned to see Sonic walking up to them and spoke "you got the same thing?"
Sonic nodded and asked "who got shot at?"
"Me, it hit my metal arm" Luster replied.
Sonic looked at the leader of the Knights as he read the note again. He didn't seemed surprised or angry, just content. Shadow came to his side and was a bit hesitant about giving his father the second note before he handed it to him. Pounding of hooves was heard and Lili and Fang came riding on there horses, Fang was holding his left arm.
Lili spoke "Fang got nicked by an arrow"
Shadow walked over to him and removed his hand and saw it was bleeding slightly "let me see the arrow" Lili handed Shadow the arrow and he looked at the head. "Your fine, have Amy fix that up for you later" Fang nodded.
"Why'd you check the head of the arrow?" Sonic asked
"I wanted to make sure there was no rust on it" The ebony night replied still examining the arrow. The leader of the Knights spoke making Sonic jump "go back on your patrols, we'll tell the others in the morning"
Shadow's head shot up and he snarled at his father "we have to tell them now, if there a possible attack coming then we have to be ready"
"Shadow for once don't argue! If you want to patrol with them you can then, go!" Mephiles said as he walked back to his house. Shadow snarled as he turned away from his father, snapping the arrow in half.
"Go back on patrol and be on high alert" Shadow spoke and looked at Sonic before for speaking again "and be careful" the new Knights nodded there heads and raced back out of there patrols. Sonic got on Black Storm and saw deep worry in Shadow's eyes.
"I'll be fine" he said with a smile before he raced back to the forest. When dawn rolled around the friends met by the stables.
"Anything else happened with you guys?" Fang asked.
Sonic shook his head "no, nothing" the new Knights walked to the meeting area and saw the other Knights there.
"There was one arrow shot at each group all of the notes saying one thing, Sir Eggman will start battles ones worst then the last." Mephilis said Shadow sat beside Rouge he's eyes narrowed staring at nothing. When the meeting was over the Knights went to training, uneasiness grew with each passing day. Sir Eggman sent his army as promised but, it wasn't frequent. Every knight knew that they just won the battle not the war.