Our Friendship

Chapter 15 Our Friendship

Emily's POV

"What?! What do you mean that Paul is moving to Paris?!" I asked Alejandra and Esteban.

"Well, it seems he is." Esteban said his voice a bit lower than usual.

"But he can't leave us! He's the leader! What will we do?" I said.

"I don't know. But he is moving there so he can study hard and get into a good college some day." Alejandra said.

"He's moving to Paris today at midnight..." Esteban said.

"Well! We got to do something!!" Alejandra yelled.

"No..."

Both of them set their attention one me.

"What?" Ale asked surprised.

"I think he's done enough fighting. We also interfere in a lot of his studying as well." I murmured.

They stared sadly at the floor. Then they nodded.

"Hey guys!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice call.

"Oh! Hey Paul!!" I called back to him.

"What's wrong? You guys look pretty gloomy." He said noticing our strange behaviour.

"Oh uh, it's nothing..." Ale said trailing off.

He stared at us suspiciously but then shrugged it off and gave us that cheery smile of his.

We all felt sad that this might be the last time we will ever get to see him.

The time flew by pretty quickly and we all made a goodbye party for Paul.

He was so happy that we did all of this for him.

"Thank you guys!! So much!" Paul said letting small tears fall.

We all did a group hug and we cherished the sweet moments we had left with him.

The clock read 10:23 p.m. and Paul had left to his house to get his stuff ready.

"Soldiers..." We all heard from behind us.

"Cynthia! You scared us!!" I said putting a hand on my chest.

"Sorry. But where's Paul?" She asked finally realizing him being gone.

"He's gone!! He's not coming back!! Okay?! Get it straight!!" I yelled and ran away crying.

Ale stood up to follow me but Esteban stopped her. I'm grateful for that.

Paul's POV

I placed the last pair of clothes in the blue suitcase.

I gazed at the small album I had on the corner of my bed.

It was all the memories me and the others shared together. I softly ran my hands over the cool surface.

A tear slipped down my cheek and as it fell it glimmered in the moonlight it then landed on the album.

I gave a teary eyed smile and walked out the door leaving behind the album and all my memories with it.

***********************************

I stepped out the car and looked around the airport.

"Paul..." My mom whispered.

I turned and looked at her.

"I'll miss you dear, be safe." She murmured.

I smiled softly and gave her a hug.

"Tell dad I'll miss him." I said and grabbed my suitcase. I walked off to get on my flight.

I slowly strode over to the airplane that was bound to head to Paris.

I glanced back and saw my mom crying and waving.

I smiled and waved back. I was about to get on when a voice stopped me.

"It's still not late to turn back."

My eyes widened and I spun around and I saw Cynthia there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"You can still stay. All I want you to know is that, I will miss you if you go and also will the others." She said.

I spun around and tried to cover my face.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?! If so, then I'm going!" I yelled harshly.

"If you leave then there won't be the Secret Soldiers anymore!!" She yelled.

My eyes widened and I stopped.

It's true.

Without them. I'm nothing.

I'm

Nothing.