Part 6

"Don't worry, bud. She'll come around. You have lots of time to convince her." Jena grins at Joel.

"I know. But I like to tease her. And after last night, I don't necessarily want pups, but it was awesome. So awesome, that I want to practice pup making; over and over again!" Joel adds, raising and lowering his eyebrows in a quick succession.

"You are such a pig!" Jena answers, half smiling and half frowning at him.

"Nope. Just a very horny, happy wolf." His grin is as wide as the Oasis.

"Bye Joel. You're still a pig, though." She waves as she is turning a corner away from him.

"But you love me anyway!" He shouts back but she doesn't bother answering him over the distance.

Of course I do Joel! As long as you keep my Hannah happy, you have a spot in my heart, my friend.

~~~

"Settle down everyone, settle down! Your Alpha is ready to address you now!"

"Thank you, Beta Lindator! Please take a seat." And as one the entire crowd, sits down on the lush grass of the central plaza, the biggest communal place of the pack, the one place that can fit all of them, either during training, group practice, festivities or pack meetings.

"My dear friends, wolves, parents, children, and children that could be parents. You know who you are." Laughter erupts in the crowd but dies down quickly.

"Last week another group of our young wolves, have become full members of our pack with the graduation of the warrior training program and taking of the vows. Some you may know, some you may not, since their parents live in either of our advanced trading outposts. Some have come from afar just to have the best training in Southern Calla, and I dare say in all of Calla..." howls, laughter and shouts of approval happen at that.

"... conquered by our fair ways, our beautiful exquisite women..." whistles from the men present,

"... our strong, powerful males..." claps and appreciation howls from the females,

"... have decided to stay and join us, making us even stronger..." happy shouts from everyone,

"... but of course some of our own, either through mating..." whistles and innuendos,

"... or because they honestly didn't feel like they fit in..." boos and loud verbal disapproval,

"... but..." the loud disapproval continues

"Let your Alpha speak, you disrespectful mutts!" The Beta demands in full force and the crowd is instantly silent.

"Thank you, Lindator. As I understand your reaction to someone wanting to leave, so too you have to understand and appreciate the honesty of the wolves that will leave us.

But all is not lost, as we may yet gain new friends, trading relations and perhaps alliances with the packs they will end up in." Murmurs of approval.

"So we have gathered here again today, for the assigning of positions for our newly graduated wolves. But before that..." slight whispering of disproval,

"... the Master at Arms will address us." Complete silence.

Conall comes to the slightly risen podium, obviously grumbling.

*Author's Note

Many thanks for the reads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).