Part 10

"The elders oppose it but he convinces them that it is only for her protection, and some training couldn't hurt anyone. He also promises that as soon as his daughter finds her mate and future Alpha for the pack, all training will stop.

But she doesn't find her mate in time. So she finishes warrior training. Not only that, but she is a damn good brawler as well.

The Elders are afraid she will endanger herself. They have repeatedly tried to have her removed from training either by talking to the Alpha or trying to order the Master at Arms to remove her from training, but with no success.

One day, they summon the Alpha and the Master at Arms and force the Alpha's hand into denying the brawler role for his daughter. They only accept a support role assigned to the home guard, arguing that is the best way to keep her safe and away from any danger. They remind him of the favor he owes them for letting her go through the warrior training in the first place.

In the story, the Alpha calls the favor even and commands his Master at Arms to remove his daughter from the brawler role. Actually he forbids him to ever assign her a role for as long as he lives, and calls for the assigned position to be Pack Diplomat.

The elders try to argue, but the Alpha says they have no favors left over him. Besides as the Pack Diplomat she will be assigned a Personal Guard and if she will ever leave with a delegation on pack business she will have a security detail to accompany her, not to mention going under the protection of inter-pack law in which diplomats are inviolable.

So, I hope you like my story. It was completely made up" – he pulls out a pouch from inside his vest and takes a swig, smiling – "by a drunken wolf."

"I see." Jena says. Her face is now void of emotion.

"Funny thing is, Diplomats only answer to their Alpha, and once outside their home territory, they kind of become the Alpha of the group they are with and can pretty much decide where to go and how to represent their pack to the other packs, while not disrespecting the orders given to them by their Alpha. So no answering to the elders, no other higher wolves to worry about, they kind of run their own show. Not to mention the best chances to find their mates since they travel so much."

"I understand the story now, Master at Arms. Thank you for sharing with me. I'll keep it to myself since it sounds pretty farfetched," she smiles knowingly at the older wolf.

"Good girl! Meet me tomorrow before sunrise, 3 miles beyond the Windy Rock," Conall adds, winking at her.

"OK." That sounds odd. She thought to herself. "But why?"

"Well in the story, you know that part about as soon as his daughter finds her mate and future Alpha for the pack, all training will stop? I'm just making sure the Alpha keeps his promise. Some things are not learned in warrior training."

*Author's Note

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for reading!

This book is left only as a sample on Wattpad as it is published on Amazon and in one of their programs requiring exclusivity.

Not all is lost though! Books 2 and 3 are left on Wattpad as they are, meaning complete and continuing the story, and there is a recap at the beginning of Book 2 with what happened in the first book so you can continue reading.

Thanks again!You rock!