Part 2

Your POV

Awhile later I sit alone, thinking about how I am going to ask Dan out. What do I even say? I don't know. I've never asked anyone out before. And, quite frankly, I haven't had much experience being asked out, so that doesn't help.
I suddenly hear footsteps and I look behind me and see Dan entering the room.
"Hey, (Y/n). Mind if I join you?" He asks. He sounds... Nervous.
"No, go ahead." I reply, trying to act casual. This is my chance!
He hops over the back of the couch, landing gently beside me. His eyes meet mine and smile. "So, what's up?" I question, leaning against the back of the couch. I feel my palms grow clammy, my throat dry. I don't know of I can do this. But this is the perfect opportunity. I can't let it slip. Before I can open my mouth to say anything, Dan does.
"(Y/n), I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me tonight?"
I feel such relief. I smile. "Actually, yes. I'd love to."
He smiles, too. "Okay, great! What do you think about The Bloated Toad? Then afterwards we could take a walk on the beach?"
I am suddenly excited. But then I realise something... I was going to ask him on a date like that. How did he...?
Suzy Hanson. I will get her.
"That sounds awesome! What time are we going?"
"How about... 7? Is that good?"
I nod. "Absolutely. Okay. This is great!"
I open my arms and wrap them tightly around him. He hugs me in return. Then I release him.
"If you want, I'll pick you up at 6:30?"
"Okay." I accept.
This is going to be great!
* * *
At 5 Suzy meets me at my house. I told that Danny asked me out instead and I ask her if she told him about my plans. She tells me that she didn't tell anyone, except Arin, but I said she could. And he wouldn't tell anyone.
I believe her. It must be a coincidence of some sort.
I look through my closet, trying to find something to wear. I find a floral dress and hold it up for her to see.
She sits on my bed, swinging her legs back and forth.
"What do you think of this?" I ask.
"I like it, but it's too summery. Pick something darker."
I look through and find a floor-length black gown. "Something like this?"
"Something shorter. You're going on the beach after, don't forget."
I nod. That's right. I sort through a few more dresses. Then I find one. I pick out a dark blue, sleeveless, knee-length dress. "How about this one?" I question, confidently. I think this is the one.
Her face lights up. "Yes! That's perfect! Danny will love the whole transparent thing at the top." Suzy says, motioning to her collar bone. I feel my cheeks grow warm.
I choose black stiletto pumps and simple jewlery. I curl my hair, leaving it down and Suzy does my makeup.
When it's nearly 6:30 we finish.
"You look great!" Suzy says, giving me a big hug.
"Thanks, Suz. And thanks for helping me get ready."
"My pleasure." She replies.
Then my doorbell rings. My eyes widen. I am suddenly very nervous. Oh boy.
"I'm going to go now. Do you want me to let him in?"
"Yeah," I reply, grabbing my leather jacket. "I need to grab some things. Tell him I'll be down in a minute."
"Okay," she says, then she gasps. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot." She reaches into her pocket, pulling a tiny, silver square out. She places it in my hand. I look down at it, seeing the word Trojan. A condom.
"Suzy, I won't need this-" I begin to protest, my cheeks warm.
"You never know. Now have fun and BE SAFE." She says and she quickly slips from the room.
I hear her greet Danny and she says "You better bring home my daughter in one piece." I laugh to myself. Then the door closes and I hear silence.
I put my phone and some flats into my purse. I put on some of my favourite Victoria's Secret perfume. I take one last glance in the mirror. I look fine.
I slide the condom into my pocket and head downstairs.

*Sorry, lovelies! I'm making this a three parter. The image above is a set I put together on Polyvore. It's what I imagine is being worn for this part and the next.
Remember, I take all requests!
Thanks for reading! Love you!
-Abby xoxoxoxo